Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: DTOID MEMES

DTOID MEMES

Hey everyone. We are trying to create an easy reference for all the Dtoid memes that have happened on the forums or cblogs. So, post in this thread with links to where the memes started (or a recap page if it's huge) and I'll keep this first post updated so we (and editors) have a quick reference.

Thank you for your help!

Desbrotoid
    Sometimes a bro would tell a cool story, eventually the brolove in the broums grew to such epic broportions that it brosploded into its own thread, Twitter, the banner, and the cblogs. Bros 4 Life
    Pokémon Cblog Invasion

Inanimate Contact

Review of the Review

IGNORE ENGLISH:USE MUSCLES

Brad Nicholson is CHET :Warrior of the Arctic

Anthony Burch is an asshole

Hamza is a SHARK

10 things you didn't know about me

Wanna see my dinosaur?/Jurassic: The hunted

Why I love Destructoid

The moon man debate

The forums are Gyrael's penis

Sausage (just the first one I could find) Original

It was Tuesday

Happy Birthday Samit

HAMZAKAH

Vexed Alex is dead

Notifying Niero Now

Why the X is not a real Y

I hugged

READY TO FRIDAY (yes, I believe that's the first one)

Stickcam Pillow Forts
    One day, community member and former editor .tiff called upon the people in the room to gather pillows and put them on their heads. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...cclogside4.jpg
    To improve this blog instantly

Dtoid Wears a plushie day

Harry Mason tribute

Egyptian Dental Fair

Baconsalt is amazing

JOURNALISM

Tyra Tuesday

How many wolves must die(making fun of that image)

uncharted, why?

Space Jam

Sony? They're Hirohito's boys...

Brian Crecente's hair palace

How can I * with the taste of you in my mouth

Reggie the Meat man

Spacecat tells all

CHAD FACE!

Necros is a racist

LOBSTER MILKSHAKE

11/10

Doubling down

redefining adorable
    From a comment RonBurgandy2010 left to Nintendoll saying "I always thought that you redefined adorable " in this cblog .
    Who the fuck is Jim Sterling?
    Who the fuck is Jim Sterling? First posted after Jim Sterling made his Destructoid debut, because nobody knew who the hell he was. Jim's name is often replaced with other people when we don't know who they are, or when community people become editors and start using their real names.
    Also,Cocks
    Almost a non-sequitir to be used at the end of posts, it has since become the unofficial motto of Destructoid, been plastered on T-shirts, and been modified to incorporate whatever the subject matter may be.
    AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING
    The catchphrase of one Chad Concelmo, to be used when things are well, really amazing.
    Yard sale
    Whenever something comes out on Xbox Live, especially a shoot em up, Topher proclaims we are having a yard sale in RetroforceGO!, and you should pay heed.
    STFUAJPG
    Shut the fuck up and just play games. It means what it says. Usually used when people are complaining about something incessantly or being super-annoying.
    Look, I drink
    Ron Workman used to start most, if not all of his posts with this phrase
    Pancakes
    Saying "Pancakes" will end all drama and arguments. It's just law
    Are you guys making fun of my avatar?
    was started when Nex changed his avatar to a pic of him wearing headphones and sunglasses, and quite a few community members changed their own avatar to rib him since it was pretty silly looking.
    Nex is going to be a father
    Nex bullshitted the entire community several times with this fake announcement
    You Must Provide Beast and Location
    on an early Podtoid Workman did a dramatic reading of a Craigslist ad about a guy who wanted to engage in some anonymous bestiality
    Mexicans aren't people, they can't work their stolen iPods
    another Podtoid gem by Workman that ended up causing a lot of drama and accusations of racism by people who don't have a sense of humor and are unable to tell when people are making ridiculous statements that weren't intended to be taken seriously
    Forums are that way ->
    For the longest while before the forums matured onto their own(and for a good while after), many of the older users of Destructoid would post a simmilar comment on the failblog posts of newer users(such as comment #1 here). While it was meant to control the quality of the C-blogs, eventually, it only served to piss off the forum regulars. Sometimes though, this has been seen used in promotion of the forums(such as comment #2 here.)
    We have forums? -
    A year after the community blogs started, people almost completely stopped going to the forums, and when talking about it in an episode of Podtoid, Ron Workman went "Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. We have forums?" jokingly, referring to the fact that the forums were near barren.
    Quail Futon -
    One day, someone (either Coonskin or Ron Workman) was talking about Qais Fulton (http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Qais+Fulton) and jokingly referred to him as Quail Futon.
    Hounestly -
    (check the comments, for a message from Neonie, the accidental creator of the hounestly meme, perpetuated by Riser Glen.)
    http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/But...ie-59188.phtml
    Christian Bale -
    Prior to the release of The Dark Knight, Riser Glen made a blog post about how Christian Bale was God, and the community promptly accepted the idea, communally converting to the newfound religion of Baleism, celebrating his birthday yearly, creating Photoshops with his head in the clouds i.e. Monty Python & The Holy Grail, and defending his every move. As they should.
    Psh, Semantics -
    Of course, everyone knows of Nex, a former Dtoid editor. One day, someone corrected one of his acclaimedly "holier-than-thou-and-seething-with-intellectualism" articles, and he replied with "Psh, semantics." Coonskin promptly repeated this, as did the rest of the comment thread.
    Talladega Nights -
    The first bundle ever for the PS3 was one that included the PS3, a Blu-Ray remote, and Talladega Nights, a movie panned by critics and consumers alike. Someone promptly commented something along the lines of "FUCK YEAH TALLADEGA NIGHTS" and the community continued the joke, adding things along the lines of "THE POWER OF BLU-RAYS".
    Will Arnett's gamertag is Roncore - That's where it all started, second comment.

I'm sorry, Colette -
    Someone said they weren't into Colette, and people jumped on him. They responded "I am sorry Colette, it is not that you are unattractive, but I am not looking for you right now. A wordy and skinny woman is not what I want right now." Or something like that.
    "I'm About To Whip Somebody's Ass -
    Whenever a "gay rave" started in Stickam, Ron would play this song, leading people to dance, occasionally with flashing lights. The song is originally a remix of a monologue sent to Ze Frank. Here's an MP3 of the song.
    "God told me I sucked, so I started a blog." -
    A while back, whenever you were logged into the site, but hadn't yet made a cblog post, you just saw a message saying "You suck, start a blog. - God". A lot of newcomers then posted blogs with a title along the lines of "God told me I sucked, so I started a blog.", and after it became increasingly annoying, community members began to troll the aforementioned posts, until Niero changed it.
    World Famous Robert Summa:
    When Robert Summa still wrote for Destructoid, he was on Stickam one night with Ron Workman, drunk, talking about his appearance on G4, and how it was seen all over the world. Someone in the room proclaimed that he was World Famous, and it became a big joke, even having his name changed on the site to "World Famous".
    Is ____ ending because Jim is moving to America?
    Anyhow, this originated back when Jim announced he was moving to America on Podcastle(I can't remember exactly which episode this started in though). Since then, he'd get one listener question or more roughly every episode asking if the Podcastle would be ending because he is moving to America. This persisted even after Jim had moved to America, up to the final episode of Podcastle.
    Calvin's Pink Hat -
    CannibalCalvin once danced near-naked on Stickam, with only a pink hat on his head.
    It's Electric! -
    Once upon a time, I was absolutely fucking stupid, and decided "hey, why don't I take off my shirt and dance?" It was then set to Marcia Griffith's "Electric Boogie" by tehurberone, because my name is electro lemon, even though originally, I was dancing to Hungry Like The Wolf.
    Petal Rear Squalid Door -
    Ron Workman once made a post where he "confirmed" that MGS4 was coming to the 360. Although there was no solid proof, people quickly claimed that it was bullshit, and that Kojima would never let a MGS game go to Microsoft. Ron took photographs of the GameCube and Xbox MGS games in retaliation, and was quickly served a cease & desist from Konami. Upon that, every mention of the game Metal Gear Solid 4 was renamed to "Petal Rear Squalid Door", to leave the idea of the game in the post, while complying with Konami's C&D. This post was the very first to receive over 1000 comments, as it caused much controversy for Dtoid. (http://www.destructoid.com/-cease-an...y--31775.phtml)
    Epic credits -
    Ron Workman made a video where he discussed the differences between the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 Elite prior to its release, and though the video was a joke, at the end, he added "epic credits" where he called out community members and joked about them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrezR4GPbCQ
    Cashwh0re -
    Destructoids Gamestop parody.
    Foxtoid -
    Destructoid's Fox News parody
    Last edited by Zodiac Eclipse; 04-09-2010 at 11:43 AM.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Sausage

Quote Originally Posted by statesman1114 View Post
    Sausage
    DUH. I should have thought of that. I need a reference point though. Where did that start from. I suppose I can go through Ron's posts and find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Technophile View Post
    DUH. I should have thought of that. I need a reference point though. Where did that start from. I suppose I can go through Ron's posts and find it.
    Pictures thread. I think we started by shooping it into Bec's yummy face cake pic or something during a FNF. Happy hunting.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Reggie is meat? Nicole Weibe? Yardsale?

So many from the podcasts

Don't forget Chet and Samit as a women.

Right. But I need links. Find someone putting it in the picture or something.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'll look up links later, but Hamzakauh and Tyra tuesday are ones that jump to mind.

King of the Podcastle Forum
    I believe the original post of Ron and his sausage is to be found here though the original pic no longer shows. Probably because Rons having a picture of himself doing something for every conceivable moment that could occur has caused photobucket to shat itself. Here is the original in all it's glory

Also It's was Tuesday,

Keeper of the Reals
    Quote Originally Posted by digtastik View Post
    Pictures thread. I think we started by shooping it into Bec's yummy face cake pic or something during a FNF. Happy hunting.
    I'm pretty sure you posted that in The Bar.

One thing I always see people ask about is the origin of "Also, cocks." I don't have any info on the origin, though, because this was in place before I showed up.

I'll (blank) your (blank).

Banj and Kiranio do that every few minutes. I have no idea where they started.

I don't need a title I AM Disneyworld.
    #RIPBillyCorgan/DtoidForums

HAMZAKAH (Unfortunately, the pictures from the first one are broken)

EDIT: What about Podtoid techno remixes? Not sure which one came first...

Also, is people being jerks about Samit a meme, or just douchey?

Venting Anger
    Shit that makes you cry
    Expressing Joy
    The Bar
    The Arcade

[Level 6: Robot]
    the bucket
    never forget

Titles are for jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsax2010 View Post
    Please.

Gym Leader

Here are the two pictures.

The Billy Corgan thing didn't really catch on, so I wouldn't call it a meme.

Hamzakah is absoloutly a dtoid meme. Techno remixes..not really, but they do have their own thread. Being mean to Samit..hmm I don't think I would classify that as a meme, although it's got potential to be one. Samit's birthday on the other hand....

I'll (blank) your (blank).

Banj and Kiranio do that every few minutes. I have no idea where they started.
    That's absoloutly not a dtoid thing.
    Venting Anger
    Shit that makes you cry
    Expressing Joy
    The Bar
    The Arcade
    These are just threads. You need to go search and look up what a meme is, so quit spamming this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by n0brein View Post
    the bucket
    never forget
    Those are meme's but not Dtoid ones. I just want specific dtoid ones.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    You just don't fucking get it, do you?

It's not a meme yet, but by god drunkcast is gonna try.

King of the Podcastle Forum
    The Vexed Alex is dead meme.