Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands Squads or whatever you want to call it

J-Ro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiranio View Post
    Gay version of CG.

...shit, that's pretty much a compliment.
    Isn't CG the gay version of CG?

Keeper of the Reals
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerox View Post
    Isn't CG the gay version of CG?
    CG is onto himself, so yeah. But at the same time, by being onto his own existence, he extends to all other existences. Therefore, you (and all of us) are the gay version of him.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I'm on the fence about Borderlands. I know it looks awesome and will likely be very fun, and I have the money for it. However, in the last few months I've gotten a lot of new games, Scribblenauts, ODST, Demon's Souls...plus Brutal Legend comes out Tuesday, Forza 3 later in the month and DJ Hero at the beginning of this month. Plus I have a huge backlog of XBLA games to play as well as DLC for various games, including Fallout, so I'm not lacking games to play. I already know I can wait on Dragon Age: Origins and not feel bad, but Borderlands I'm having more trouble resisting.

Tell me Dtoid, should I go preorder this game and get the 8 free weapons from Gamestop, or should I wait and finish up all the games I own/have pre-orders for?

And just to stay on topic:
    Platform: 360 (probably)
    Gamertag: DaedHead88 (note the extra 8)
    Class: Soldier

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DaedHead8 View Post
    Tell me Dtoid, should I go preorder this game and get the 8 free weapons from Gamestop, or should I wait and finish up all the games I own/have pre-orders for?
    I actually think GameStop's pre-order bonus is pretty weak in light of one of this game's big advertising points; "billions of guns". Yeah there's just going to be a lot of variations, but it still makes me look at GameStop's offer of eight extras and not give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    I actually think GameStop's pre-order bonus is pretty weak in light of one of this game's big advertising points; "billions of guns". Yeah there's just going to be a lot of variations, but it still makes me look at GameStop's offer of eight extras and not give a shit.
    That's a great point. Also, I kinda get the feeling that this game might fall short of expectations. I only like to pre-order games that I know will be amazing or at least really really good.

Beast Master
    Exactly. I mean, I'm looking forward to it, but I still want to play a demo first. If it rocks me then I'm definitely there.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Yeah, I've been trying to actively forget any hype I had so that I enjoy it more when it comes out.

Sapped by a Spy
    Our LAN was just granted a showcase of at least 8 copies of Borderlands on PC, so I'm guaranteed to be playing this on PC pretty regularly.

I'm currently looking at Siren, but that might change once I've actually played the game.

Hey so like, there is a 4-pack deal for this on Steam like the L4D2 one. Works out to $33.75 a person. Anyone interested in trying to set that up? I may do it elsewhere, but worth bringing up here either way I figure.

Beer Sensei
    SteamID: SenorDoucheoisie
    Platform: PC
    Class: whatever the hell anyone needs

I think I'm gonna approach this game like TF2, where I'm gonna try to be decent in every class.

Keeper of the Reals
    Quote Originally Posted by Wedge View Post
    Hey so like, there is a 4-pack deal for this on Steam like the L4D2 one. Works out to $33.75 a person. Anyone interested in trying to set that up? I may do it elsewhere, but worth bringing up here either way I figure.
    Gatsby's trying to organize that. If you and me go in, we're complete.

I just setup the deal with some friends on another forum, but there should be enough people round here to get it done too.

Keeper of the Reals
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    I'm trying to organize it for Left 4 Dead 2, not Borderlands.

But since I might be getting Borderlands for the PC anyway, if you're feeling rich, I'll still throw down.
    Man, brainfart.

Anyways, I'd try getting a Paypal account for Borderlands. I'm definitely getting it one way or another.

Walp, my boyfriend is still interested in getting a copy too, so that's one person.

[Level 3: Humanoid]
    Wedge, I'll definitely hop on that deal-train. Do you still have an extra spot?

EDIT: Technically the deal only saves everybody around 5 bucks, so I'm not desperate for spot in the deal
    Last edited by Chooly; 10-14-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Maths

Quote Originally Posted by Chooly View Post
    Wedge, I'll definitely hop on that deal-train. Do you still have an extra spot?

EDIT: Technically the deal only saves everybody around 5 bucks, so I'm not desperate for spot in the deal
    Your maths am fail son. It's $33.75 a person with the deal, a little over $10 off the preorder 44.99 Price. But no, I already bought the pack with 3 other people.

If youl'd stop buy the brb forums you might be able to get something going though, I think another 4 people are trying to set it up, and 2 more already past that.

Dtoid: Elsa
    PSN: Elsa
    Platform: PS3
    Class: Siren (because she's the only female class... though I hope to build her more as a tank/heavy... depends on how we can grow the classes re armour etc.)

Unicorn Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsa View Post
    Dtoid: Elsa
    PSN: Elsa
    Platform: PS3
    Class: Siren (because she's the only female class... though I hope to build her more as a tank/heavy... depends on how we can grow the classes re armour etc.)
    Have you seen the skill trees yet? The Gearbox guys posted a link to some online character progression pages yesterday--they seem like a great way to plan stuff out...though I only took a brief glance. Gotta keep myself surprised!

Here they are for anyone who is interested:

Roland: http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/roland/
    Brick: http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/brick/
    Mordecai: http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/mordecai/
    Lilith: http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/

Dtoid:Sad sack
    Xbltag:iNsTaNtx
    Class:Hunter/berserker

Can't wait for this game, hopefully will have day one but seen as I'm in Qatar the order might take a day or two

Unicorn Enthusiast
    I haven't planned everything out yet, but I'm going to do a healer Roland build for multiplayer and probably try to focus on a Mordy Rogue/Sniper build. Depends on how fun the Bloodwing stuff ends up being. I may give it a shot and start over if I want to. But, yeah, I definitely want to do some sniper rapeage for single player, and I want to shoot my friends in multiplayer.