Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Borderlands Squads or whatever you want to call it

[Level 6: Robot]
    Updating my info

Gamertag: NicGuy001
    Class: 36-7 Siren, 13 Solider, 6 Bserker, 10 Hunter
    Availability: Xbox Live, GMT 5-9Pm M-T, 7-11pm F-Sn.

I have a feeling I'm going to butcher my second play through...I only have a hint of fear when it comes to the folks that require head shots. I'm not very good at FPS.

To me, playthrough 2 feels like the real game. Playthrough 1 was just boring because I'm a completionist, I have to do every available mission ASAP. The game doesn't accommodate for this type of player. The set level for the enemies seems to be for the player who'll do some missions but more focuses on story missions. I've always been at least 6 levels over the enemies thanks to my completionist ways, but I will admit that enemy level quickly got high near the end of the game which was extremely appreciated. So ya, playthrough 2 is a god send for completionist Brick players or completionists in general.

Level 30 Mordecai now. I think I only have a few more quests to go. I'm loving this game to death. If any body wants to play with me on PSN I do have a mic.

Jeff Goldblum
    cyberaltair, on the PC =]

Add hoes.

I'm about to fight sledge on my second play through. I've gotta say I agree with The Pat Man, when you play it once parts are hard but not overly hard and it can get boring. But when you play again you get an ass kicking. Which for made me want to play more than the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJohans0n View Post
    I'm about to fight sledge on my second play through. I've gotta say I agree with The Pat Man, when you play it once parts are hard but not overly hard and it can get boring. But when you play again you get an ass kicking. Which for made me want to play more than the first time.
    See, I dunno about that. I rolled through on my second playthrough. I even purposely avoided any sidequests and just went through the main stuff. Maybe I was just overleveled from my prior playthrough, but I got to new Haven really quickly before I got bored/distracted and stopped. I think I ended up as a lvl 46 Hunter.

Also, GameRanger is the PC version's savior. I finally had a fun lengthy multiplayer experience because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by CWal37 View Post
    See, I dunno about that. I rolled through on my second playthrough. I even purposely avoided any sidequests and just went through the main stuff. Maybe I was just overleveled from my prior playthrough, but I got to new Haven really quickly before I got bored/distracted and stopped. I think I ended up as a lvl 46 Hunter.
    I dunno about that. From what I heard and have been told from all over the interwebs and friends, the Bloodwing is ridiculously overpowered if you have the right skills. Since you're a hunter, then that might explain why you're having such an easy time. Get another class to playthrough 2 and I would like to see you say that again. Even my Brick who has over 1000 health & shield and a berserk attack that quickly regenerates health still gets mowed down at least every 10 minutes (minus the time it takes to travel). Luckily that increased time for second wind always saves my ass.

Level 50 Soldier (Xbox)

I did my first playthrough solo and it was fun at times and frustrating at times. Most of the side quests are repetitive (i.e. kill 10 bandits or collect the parts of something) and the rewards are usually not very good. The storyline had some promise early on, but ended up being really shallow. Character building and finding weapons was fun as hell though and thatís what kept me playing. I wanted to do co-op for my second playthrough, but the ďCustom SearchĒ on XBL was broken and Gearbox only recently fixed it. So I ended up blitzing through most of the story quests solo and just skipping the sidequests on my second playthrough until I got to level 50. To be honest, most of the co-op I did engage in was kind of a letdown. Random teams donít tend to communicate well and it can be hard to finish some of the tougher quests with random people. The worst part of co-op is that most people are really greedy and just horde weapon drops.

As far as general thoughts on Roland, he is a pretty weak character (at first) and his survivability and damage are very dependent on his turret early on. Once I maxed the Stat ability and found a decent shotgun, he is actually a pretty solid character to play. However based on discussions I read over on Gearbox's forums, it sounds like Lilith and Mordacai are substantially stronger than Roland at level 50 which was a little disappointing, but I am still happy with the way my character turned out.

At this point the only thing keeping me playing is weapon farming and trying to find a decent shield for my character. Once MW2 drops, I donít plan on playing Borderlands until the DLC comes out and even then I might not bother right away given all the games that are coming out over the next few months. Nothing is really a challenge at this point (I can drop Guardians and Crimson Lance rather easily), and I unlocked all of the achievements. Overall, it was a decent game and while it had a lot of depth in terms of weapons, other important aspects like the quests and story didnít feel like they were developed enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pat Man View Post
    I dunno about that. From what I heard and have been told from all over the interwebs and friends, the Bloodwing is ridiculously overpowered if you have the right skills. Since you're a hunter, then that might explain why you're having such an easy time. Get another class to playthrough 2 and I would like to see you say that again. Even my Brick who has over 1000 health & shield and a berserk attack that quickly regenerates health still gets mowed down at least every 10 minutes (minus the time it takes to travel). Luckily that increased time for second wind always saves my ass.
    Oh yeah, that makes sense. I maxed out Bloodwing before anything else. Right now I think he attacks like 9 targets or something for thousands of damage each hit. Also I constantly get criticals with my erupting sniper that not only spreads fire to people near my target, but also fires faster than a lot of pistols and even some SMGs I'd found. In addition, Bloodwing's cooldown is already low and everytime I hit something with a sniper I think it takes like 4 seconds off of the cooldown. Normally I have it recharged before it comes back in.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I'm looking for some multiplayer.

XBL: TroutPhishMan
    Characters: Soldier - level 14 and a Siren level 7 and Brick level 1

Soldier i'm working on mostly a mix bag class I usually play alone so the medic class wasn't appealing but I have sweet loot.

Siren I just started on for fun to get different achievos and i just started my level tree.

I also have a Brick but i just got to change his colors before I quit out I was going to do multiplayer with my fiance but we got busy with life ala children before we started even to make it through the intro.

I originally started as a Siren and she was just not doing it for me, so I switched to a hunter. I'm now level 26 and loving it, I don't have any points in the Bloodwing skill tree and have a bunch in the sniper skill tree and can kill common bandits/skags/scythids/spiderants in one hit. Bosses on the other hand are giving me a hell of a time and I can't wait to re-spec. Either way this game is a blast, enough to overlook the weak plot. I just found my first orange colored loot yesterday, unfortunately it's a shotgun. I wish I could play online and trade with someone.

Beer Sensei
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkowitz1337 View Post
    I originally started as a Siren and she was just not doing it for me, so I switched to a hunter. I'm now level 26 and loving it, I don't have any points in the Bloodwing skill tree and have a bunch in the sniper skill tree and can kill common bandits/skags/scythids/spiderants in one hit. Bosses on the other hand are giving me a hell of a time and I can't wait to re-spec. Either way this game is a blast, enough to overlook the weak plot. I just found my first orange colored loot yesterday, unfortunately it's a shotgun. I wish I could play online and trade with someone.
    Putting all your points into the Bloodwing skill is the best way to go. Just put in enough to max out Bird of Prey, and you're basically unstoppable. Add to that the skill that leeches health off the enemies the Bloodwing attacks, and Carrion Call, where shooting someone with a sniper rifle reduces cooldown of the Bloodwing, and it's almost unfair, especially in the last section of the game.

I'm done with this game If anybody wants all my gear message me on psn. fundando I beat the game @ level 34 and have lots great gear suited for hunters on anyone else.
    I'm selling the game on craigslist so try to message me before I sell it. Obviously I wont be able to give you my gear if I no longer have a copy of the game.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] zeitgeist's Avatar
    Dtoid: zeitgeist
    PSN: zgeist
    Platform: PS3
    Class: Siren and Berserker

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Dtoid: djnealb
    PSN: djnealb
    Platform: PS3
    Class: Hunter

I just started this over the weekend and am loving it. I'm currently using Mordecai and am only level 12. I'll probably start joining online games once I level up a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDoucheoisie View Post
    Putting all your points into the Bloodwing skill is the best way to go. Just put in enough to max out Bird of Prey, and you're basically unstoppable. Add to that the skill that leeches health off the enemies the Bloodwing attacks, and Carrion Call, where shooting someone with a sniper rifle reduces cooldown of the Bloodwing, and it's almost unfair, especially in the last section of the game.
    I'm starting to put more points into the Bloodwing skill tree and so far it's paying off. It seems that with any class, as long as you put all skill points into their specialty (i.e turret, phasewalk, bloodwing and breserk) then you can't lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkowitz1337 View Post
    I'm starting to put more points into the Bloodwing skill tree and so far it's paying off. It seems that with any class, as long as you put all skill points into their specialty (i.e turret, phasewalk, bloodwing and breserk) then you can't lose.
    That tempts me to restart my hunter since I don't think I've put anything into that column. I'll definitely remember that in case I start a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    That tempts me to restart my hunter since I don't think I've put anything into that column. I'll definitely remember that in case I start a new character.
    I read on another forum that when you reach level 50 you can buy back your skill points for ~3,000 moniez per point and spend them on whatever. Well, I can't remember if it was when you reach level 50 or when you start a new game+. Either way, at some point you can re-spec.

EDIT: Just went to a NEW-U station and at anytime you can reset all your skills, for me at level 30 it costs $5000 total so if you're unhappy with your current build and are thinking about restarting, just reset without new game +

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    Yeah, I did that from the get go and became something akin to a god. I stopped around lvl 46, but my bloodwing goes out and hits 9 times for thousands of damage each time. Also, every time I hit with a sniper the cooldown drops by 4 seconds. Normally I have it recharged before he has to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by CWal37 View Post
    Yeah, I did that from the get go and became something akin to a god. I stopped around lvl 46, but my bloodwing goes out and hits 9 times for thousands of damage each time. Also, every time I hit with a sniper the cooldown drops by 4 seconds. Normally I have it recharged before he has to come back.
    Well, now I know and knowing is yadda yadda yadda. I'm only level 15 right now and have filled 2 of the other "perks" or whatever they're called. I did the one on the green side that gives me more critical damage and I also did one on the blue side that gives me more accuracy with all weapons. So now I'll just start pumping all the points in to the Bloodwing column.

p.s. Don't forget to add my info to the front page please.