Page 751 of 805 FirstFirst ... 251 651 701 741 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 761 801 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,020 of 16092

Thread: "Super Street Fighter IV"

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    That look on Mike D'Antoni's face says it all. I love the dysfunction and blatant disgust for each other that the Lakers have. This has been the most entertaining Lakers season ever.

Still responds to BLOO
    I blame Jim Buss for tryign to build a team around a coach.

Who're you gonna blame when Dwight leaves? How convenient that Dwight gets called out and plays, but has a horrible game. He was visibly not really trying. His season, and tenure with the Lakers, is just about over.

I wonder who or what is driving him to want to leave so bad?

Ol' Flatdick
    Fuck, man. I'm having a really hard time with the Dee Jay match, but I'm slowly getting better at it. My hardest thing is closing in when Dee Jay has such fast recovery from his fireball, and his c.rh would catch me every time. But if I don't throw an attack out and time/space it correctly, I can get in safely, although it puts us at a fairly neutral situation regarding frames. However, it's ground gained on the fucker. On top of that, though, if I don't put out an attack, he can hit me out of the air with what I think is j.rh, so it's all coming down to me jumping and then having to react fast enough if he jumps in response.

Played casuals with the Sioux Falls people last night, and one of them plays Dee Jay, which is why I brought all this up. I'm doing better, and I'm starting to get better at reading people mid-match and adapting. Played against a pretty good pad Cody/Fuerte player last night that was running train until I got a little time in with him. I'm pretty happy with where I am with Honda, but I still need to get some things down. Mainly, I have a hell of a time trying to get EX Hands out on command, and I'm not entirely sure how that needs to happen. Does just the last hit of the hands input need to be with two buttons? I'm sure I just need to spend time committing it to muscle memory more than anything else. I know I drummed out the pattern for hands for a large part of a nine hour road trip a few years ago. Just need to do the same.

Deejay has a pretty straight forward game. If he can zone you, he wins. Every good Honda I've ever played knows how to do jab into hands every time, on command. As a poke, it's beast. As a punish, it's almost too good. That he can super cancel it makes it effective in just about every situation. If you spend more time in the air than on the ground with Honda you're not going to win a lot of matches. Standing fierce, a spaced standing roundhouse, standing strong, jab headbutts, EX whatever. No real reason you should have to go air-to-air with him when Deejay's air normals are some of the best in the game. You may be able to beat them out every once in awhile, but more often than not he'll knock you out of whatever he wants.

When you can force Deejay into the corner with hands pressure, you will be winning more. And on something that's purely observational from matches I've had with you in the past, you need to mix up your offensive options a little more. Use some of those normals in the right situations and you'll be a little more effective and less predictable. The problem a lot of players I play face is, they already have their offensive routine set. No variation. You do much better on defense now, and you know your character well enough to know his strengths, all that's missing from the last time I saw you play is the HHH stuff.

Still responds to BLOO
    What you gotta do is take your copy of Scrub Shit Fighter IV, and dump it in the trash can.

You'll be well on your way to legitimacy if you take my advice.

Ol' Flatdick
    Quote Originally Posted by KD_Alpha View Post
    Deejay has a pretty straight forward game. If he can zone you, he wins. Every good Honda I've ever played knows how to do jab into hands every time, on command. As a poke, it's beast. As a punish, it's almost too good. That he can super cancel it makes it effective in just about every situation. If you spend more time in the air than on the ground with Honda you're not going to win a lot of matches. Standing fierce, a spaced standing roundhouse, standing strong, jab headbutts, EX whatever. No real reason you should have to go air-to-air with him when Deejay's air normals are some of the best in the game. You may be able to beat them out every once in awhile, but more often than not he'll knock you out of whatever he wants.

When you can force Deejay into the corner with hands pressure, you will be winning more. And on something that's purely observational from matches I've had with you in the past, you need to mix up your offensive options a little more. Use some of those normals in the right situations and you'll be a little more effective and less predictable. The problem a lot of players I play face is, they already have their offensive routine set. No variation. You do much better on defense now, and you know your character well enough to know his strengths, all that's missing from the last time I saw you play is the HHH stuff.
    I've got my HHH stuff down packed (other than jab into EX HHH), and I'm using my normals a lot more than I used to. S.RH is more common, and I'm using S.FP a lot more as well. I'll agree that I need to get my offense a bit more varied, though. I'm making use of Oicho, but I feel that my options after it are so limited since there's no possible safe jump set up. It leaves me at a bad disadvantage if I use it on someone in the corner.

Then again, I honestly can't remember the last time we played, so I make no claims for how ass I was.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    I've got my HHH stuff down packed (other than jab into EX HHH), and I'm using my normals a lot more than I used to. S.RH is more common, and I'm using S.FP a lot more as well. I'll agree that I need to get my offense a bit more varied, though. I'm making use of Oicho, but I feel that my options after it are so limited since there's no possible safe jump set up. It leaves me at a bad disadvantage if I use it on someone in the corner.

Then again, I honestly can't remember the last time we played, so I make no claims for how ass I was.
    Deejay is bad match for me too but I've learned its about patience and getting him to make a mistake. A lot of them like to use that fireball to get you to jump over and then slide to hit when you land...you can safe jump that. But do it sparingly because like KD said air-to-air deejay wins because of his derpy normals and really derpy autocorrect moves. Also that slide deejay does is unsafe..you can focus it and punish it big time.

OICHO THROW THAT BITCH.

Like KD said, get him in the corner and you're pretty much have him where you want him. Most Deejays get sporadic when pressured in the corner, let him hang himself and punish.

also when you're done throw bullshit fighter 4 bull crap edition 2009 out the window and buy a mans game.
    Minecraft :P

Or you could come play the man version of Street Fighter, 3S.

If you can force your opponent to crouch block, force mistakes with tic throw pressure and use that df+Roundhouse overhead Honda has. I've seen some Hondas establish close standing strong to set it up since the block stun allows for some frame traps. Punish any pressed buttons with cr.jab into hands and once they stop pressing buttons, punish with the overhead or ochio.

One of the best ultras in the game is Hondas headbutt ultra, so stuff like low forward into hadoken or cr.MP x 2 become things you can counter pretty easily with it. Same goes for his super. Your character has a great move set and all of the necessary tools to beat a good portion of the cast. Hondas a very capable character, but you have to play patiently.

Ol' Flatdick
    I really disagree with your thoughts on Honda's overhead. I'll give it a shot with the cl.mp, and I'll look into frame data and stuff later. I know I also get impatient, but I'm slowly getting better with that.

You really think that Honda's U1 is good? I dunno, man. I don't agree with that at all. The startup time is slow as hell, so it's hard to do much of anything with it. I'll go into training mode later and see if I can land ultra after doing a reversal ultra after blocking a c.mk that's being cancelled into Hadoken. I'm skeptical, but I'll give it a shot.

Side note: I miss having these conversations. I know we all like fucking around and shit, but getting deep into talk about the game with people is something I missed terribly.

Edit: I double checked, and cl.mp has +4 on block. Startup for the overhead is 30 frames. 30. That leaves a 26 frame window for them to do something. Admittedly, I could Oicho out of it, though.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    hondas U1 is pretty good

cant say the same for u2 tho

also, no offense, but honda vs deejay match has to be as exciting as watching paint dry.

I'd almost prefer to watch a sim vs sim match....almost.

I'd imagine its hella boring to play that matchup since all honda wants to do is get in and doesnt have many options from far away.

Ol' Flatdick
    All I ever want to do is get in. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataract View Post
    I really disagree with your thoughts on Honda's overhead. I'll give it a shot with the cl.mp, and I'll look into frame data and stuff later. I know I also get impatient, but I'm slowly getting better with that.

You really think that Honda's U1 is good? I dunno, man. I don't agree with that at all. The startup time is slow as hell, so it's hard to do much of anything with it. I'll go into training mode later and see if I can land ultra after doing a reversal ultra after blocking a c.mk that's being cancelled into Hadoken. I'm skeptical, but I'll give it a shot.

Side note: I miss having these conversations. I know we all like fucking around and shit, but getting deep into talk about the game with people is something I missed terribly.

Edit: I double checked, and cl.mp has +4 on block. Startup for the overhead is 30 frames. 30. That leaves a 26 frame window for them to do something. Admittedly, I could Oicho out of it, though.
    It's more for people who are turtling up on you after you've punished them with frame traps. Adding more options to your game is always going to help you out, but it has to be used correctly for it to be effective.

As for Honda's U1, I've personally used it several times as a counter to routine offensive options like low forward xx hadoken or cr.MPx2 and even Guile's overhead into cr.MK combo. If you can shoryuken through it, you can probably ultra it. Now there's always exceptions, but forcing your opponent to play much more conservatively once you have ultra will be to your advantage. There are more than a couple of situations where Honda's U1 can be used as a counter. Playing patient is key and having good reactions is just as essential, but knowing which situations it could be used for is a good start for that. I'd go into it here, but I'm sure you can dig up that info pretty easily on your own.

Still responds to BLOO
    Personally for me, fuck SF4.

A man's game

Still responds to BLOO

Fake-ass Kobe. Get your own style Harden, but I guess when you move into biter capital of the world known as Houston, staying original is close to impossible.

And they lost to the Seattle SuperKings? At least we lost to the champs today, but the sacremento Sonics? Ayo, kill yourself harden cuz his shit isn't getting any better.

Still responds to BLOO
    inb4 KD links his shitty livestream archive

Still responds to BLOO

The full Jalen Rose Podcast of yesteday, now in video.

...what livestream?

Still responds to BLOO

EDIT: "KD Alpha is offline" That's right bitch.
    Last edited by Hector Garfria; 02-12-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Oh right, because that's obviously not photoshopped.