Page 819 of 1000 FirstFirst ... 319 719 769 809 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 829 869 919 ... LastLast
Results 16,361 to 16,380 of 19991

Thread: The Cinema / Rate the last movie you saw

Pwnd
    Paused the film almost immediately after that. Might play the Thor game for a bit before watching the rest. I enjoy doing that with movie tie-ins. My approach to things is not exactly linear lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvu View Post
    Watching Skyfall again. I love this film, not least because the highest grossing film in this country is no longer Avatar. The biggest issue I have with it is that they put the non-smoking signs on Underground escalators specifically to stop people sliding down them, that's how little I can complain about it.
    First time watching it this morning and that bugged me. Also moving between cars when in the train. IT'S DANGEROUS, BOND.

THE MR.E BIRD
    People can and do do that though, there was a guy not too long ago that fell under, turned out he had spent years standing between cars to smoke.

SHANE YOU'LL UNDERSTAND FILMS BETTER IF YOU ACTUALLY WATCH THEM.

The sign on it says you will die a horrible and painful but quite quick death.

Quote Originally Posted by umberhulk View Post
    Zero Dark Thirty is great and the last twenty minutes are some of the most exilerating cinema you will ever see.
    Yeah, watched it the other night, this^ pretty much describes it.

ZP, you were right about the helicopter bit though, that whole last action scene was awesome but a little confused at times.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    The sign on it says you will die a horrible and painful but quite quick death.
    They were accurate then.

Dude probably couldn't read English anyway.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    ZP, you were right about the helicopter bit though, that whole last action scene was awesome but a little confused at times.
    You forgot the part where I was right about Mark Duplass being the God damned hero of the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    You forgot the part where I was right about John Barrowman being the God damned hero of the picture.
    Yeah, you were right.

Beast Master

Pwnd
    Just finished watching Thor and then Avengers back to back. That's just the order I happened to see them in but they work so well as a double feature. More like one long film with an intermission break really.

Caught a glimpse of this being discussed back when the film was still new, using spoilers even though it's not;

Spoiler!

So yeah, there was a ton of great stuff going on there. The only thing that bugged me about either film was that I thought they could have gotten a better actress for Black Widow, yet she turned out to justify her presence in the scenes with Hawkeye (who was never even called by that name, come to think of it). I also liked when Cap started giving orders to the cops.

My favorite part was when Hulk knocked out Team Cthulhu's APC. The camera cut from a Chitauri ripping his mask off and shouting, to the Hulk shouting back...my first thought was how wicked it would be to end the movie right there. After Banner displays the ability to control, harness, and unleash his anger, his destiny is to become the new Beast Lord of the Abyss. All the crazy space people would just kind of fall in line with him after that and the Avengers would be totally cool with it. I would seriously consider ending the film that way because I am a dick.

10/10, would watch again

Admin / Midget King
    Possible Marvel Phase 2 & 3 spoilers:

Spoiler!

Would be awesome if true.

[Level 12: CHET]
    I can get behind that.

THE MR.E BIRD
    I'd probably going to struggle to watch whatever they do, because of all the blood rushing out of my brain.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Just finished watching JLA Doom. Pretty good as DC animated movies go. They had Kevin Conroy which is always a plus, and the story was pretty neat too. I've always loved the idea of how Batman has plans to take down every super-hero just in case and this was a cool example of how it can go wrong.

Also had Claudia Black in it which is always a win in my book.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    Possible Marvel Phase 2 & 3 spoilers:

Spoiler!

Would be awesome if true.
    I could see it happening after the way Avengers ended. Loved how they did that.

Spoiler!

Might get around to JLA Doom fairly soon as well because I already have a superhero binge planned for the very near future. The Dark Knight Rises is cued up and I'm probably gonna rewatch it sometime tonight.

[Level 12: CHET]
    The Hollow - my goodness this took a long while before anything happened. I started to think nothing would happen because apparently there was no budget for even a man to stand in the background looking foreshadwoing or some CGI. Some scenes were really drawn out, especially at the end, but the scares that came weren't too bad.
    The whole subplot was a bit silly too.

Admin / Midget King
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Might get around to JLA Doom fairly soon as well because I already have a superhero binge planned for the very near future. The Dark Knight Rises is cued up and I'm probably gonna rewatch it sometime tonight.
    I liked JLA Doom. Still need to check out Dark Knight Returns 1 and 2.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Mxy Yost View Post
    I liked JLA Doom. Still need to check out Dark Knight Returns 1 and 2.
    Yeah, Bloo and I both posted about that in the Comic thread. tl;dr;re:tdkr; it's amazing.

Plus it'll be interesting to rewatch Nolan's reimagining of the story after having seen the literal adaptation. I still like how he amalgamated the Mutant Leader and Bane.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    The Hobbit: Really great film. Saw it 3 times in theaters. I liked it a lot, but it has way too much CGI. I miss the people dressed up like orcs from LOTR.
    Skyfall: Very good Bond movie. If you like Bond, you need to see this.
    Idiocracy: I have no idea how I had never seen this until now, but it's brilliant. I wish they had been more topical with the satire, but it was still really funny.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Derocher View Post
    Idiocracy: I have no idea how I had never seen this until now, but it's brilliant. I wish they had been more topical with the satire, but it was still really funny.
    Mike Judge's finest.