Page 806 of 1000 FirstFirst ... 306 706 756 796 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 816 856 906 ... LastLast
Results 16,101 to 16,120 of 19991

Thread: The Cinema / Rate the last movie you saw

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I don't know if I can get behind Cruise, Ford, and Douglas being in just interchangeable "man role" pieces, ignoring the recent repeat casting of Ford as "grumpy old man" in his later years.

Try Ford in Frantic or Douglas in Falling Down.

Also, Minority Report is so good! With ZP on Cruise. Just because he's more openly a loon than a lot of Hollywood actors -- or because he happened to get swept up as the loon of the evening thanks to the internet and one remembered Oprah appearance -- doesn't really affect his acting, and he stars in loads of good films. Though recently he;s just doing the "I'mmah do more good Mission Impossible's and other random action movies" thing, ignoring Tropic Thunder. But even Collateral wasn't too long ago.

Also, Midnight in Paris in from Netflix, woot!

Beast Master
    Tropic Thunder! That's two Cruise movies I own.

And Falling Down is one of my favorite movies. "We're not the same. I'm an American, you're a sick asshole."

THE MR.E BIRD
    Damn, I forgot Minority Report.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    I can go with that. Thinking about my DVD/Bluray collection (which is waaaaay to large), I don't think I own any of his movies, but I feel he always does great in his roles.

Wait, just thought of one: I was given Minority Report as a Christmas gift several years ago. So I own one.
    The only Cruise film I own or well use to own was War of the Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    I don't know if I can get behind Cruise, Ford, and Douglas being in just interchangeable "man role" pieces, ignoring the recent repeat casting of Ford as "grumpy old man" in his later years.

Try Ford in Frantic or Douglas in Falling Down.

Also, Minority Report is so good! With ZP on Cruise. Just because he's more openly a loon than a lot of Hollywood actors -- or because he happened to get swept up as the loon of the evening thanks to the internet and one remembered Oprah appearance -- doesn't really affect his acting, and he stars in loads of good films. Though recently he;s just doing the "I'mmah do more good Mission Impossible's and other random action movies" thing, ignoring Tropic Thunder. But even Collateral wasn't too long ago.

Also, Midnight in Paris in from Netflix, woot!
    I should watch Minority Report some time. I'm not saying at all, that because he's an open loon that his films automatically are rubbish, but it doesn't help him in terms of being an actor I'd like, not thinking about actual specific films. Not even just because he's a scientologist. There's a lot of times he seems like he can have a laugh and give a lot to the fans, but I'm not into him, don't think ill of him, but there's somethign not quite right. There's a reason certain wives of his keep running away...as fast as they can, maybe it's the scientology thing, maybe it's just him.

Douglas plays the same role more often that not. Married family man, who gets involved with a psycho woman (which makes no sense cos he's dog rough looking), yet in the end his wife always forgives him and takes him back or something - Disclosure, Fatal Attraction ect

I really like Indiana Jones a lot, but Harrison Ford only ever really played a 'different' type of character in the not so great What Lies Beneath, but even then his performance is just the same as any.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Hellooooo.. Top Gun!

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    The only Cruise film I own or well use to own was War of the Worlds.
    War of the Worlds was pretty bad.

Spielberg in general has been a letdown for the last decade or so. I liked Munich well enough, but even that was something I'd only ever watch once.

Quote Originally Posted by vJ! View Post
    Hellooooo.. Top Gun!
    '80s Tom Cruise is the worst Tom Cruise. It is known.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Top Gun makes no sense because the homoerotic tension is never resolved.

Beast Master
    I'm Tom Cruise.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    So Sleep Walk With Me is terrible and I hate everything and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    I should watch Minority Report some time. I'm not saying at all, that because he's an open loon that his films automatically are rubbish, but it doesn't help him in terms of being an actor I'd like, not thinking about actual specific films. Not even just because he's a scientologist. There's a lot of times he seems like he can have a laugh and give a lot to the fans, but I'm not into him, don't think ill of him, but there's somethign not quite right. There's a reason certain wives of his keep running away...as fast as they can, maybe it's the scientology thing, maybe it's just him.

Douglas plays the same role more often that not. Married family man, who gets involved with a psycho woman (which makes no sense cos he's dog rough looking), yet in the end his wife always forgives him and takes him back or something - Disclosure, Fatal Attraction ect

I really like Indiana Jones a lot, but Harrison Ford only ever really played a 'different' type of character in the not so great What Lies Beneath, but even then his performance is just the same as any.

Frantic
    was quite different for him (Ford). Mosquito Coast, off the top of my head, too. Both are good, give 'em a shot! He's also in, albeit in bit parts, both Apocalypse Now and The Conversation, if you need an excuse to watch two of the better movies ever made.

As for Douglas, beyond Falling Down the more recent Solitary Man and King of California are supposed to be good. There's also Traffic, The Game, Wallstreet. And I've always dug the comedy/adventure Romancing the Stone. Thing is, I think you're picking and choosing. I mean, when I think of Douglas I think of a the sort of suave and smarmy egotist he plays in a lot of films.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    So Sleep Walk With Me is terrible and I hate everything and everyone.
    You're a God damned liar on at least one of those counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post

Frantic
    was quite different for him (Ford). Mosquito Coast, off the top of my head, too. Both are good, give 'em a shot! He's also in, albeit in bit parts, both Apocalypse Now and The Conversation, if you need an excuse to watch two of the better movies ever made.
    I've wanted to see Mosquito Coast for a while, but it's never on netflix and I'm not a big fan of watching movies on my laptop.

12. 01-02-2013, 10:00 AM

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    You're a God damned liar on at least one of those counts.
    You're right. I don't hate everyone. Especially not you.

THE MR.E BIRD
    I really rather enjoyed Cloud Atlas, the transitions and characters take more concentration than most films require to follow and the connections are probably much harder to pick up on when watching the film. I kinda want to read the book now.

Last movie I saw was The Hobbit and I actually liked it better than the last two LOTR movies.

Just trying to find more films to download for the internet drought that awaits me and came across one I briefly heard of before called A Lonely Place to Die, starring Melissa George. I like her.

She does seem to keep getting sometimes, obscure horror roles though. This, Triangle, 30 Days of Night, The Amityville Horror and of course her 2 minute role on the superb yet mind fucking Mullholland Drive (it wasn't a horror but it was crazy...and sexy).

Beast Master
    Triangle was really good.

I don't know what kind of flicks you're looking for, but I could rattle off a bunch from all eras and genres.

Gunga Din (1939), The Thief of Bagdad (1940), The Night of the Hunter (1955), The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974), Dog Day Afternoon (1975), The Warriors (1979), The Long Riders (1980), Southern Comfort (1981), Evil Dead II (1987), Intruder (1989), Prom Night III: The Last Kiss (1990), Falling Down (1993), Drawing Flies (1996), Harsh Times (2005), The Foot Fist Way (2006)

And probably a hundred more, but these are the ones off the top of my head without looking at my DVDs/Blurays.
    Last edited by ZombiePlatypus; 01-02-2013 at 05:13 PM. Reason: OFF not OF

Triangle was really good.

I don't know what kind of flicks you're looking for, but I could rattle of a bunch from all eras and genres.

Gunga Din (1939), The Thief of Bagdad (1940), The Night of the Hunter (1955), The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974), Dog Day Afternoon (1975), The Warriors (1979), The Long Riders (1980), Southern Comfort (1981), Evil Dead II (1987), Intruder (1989), Prom Night III: The Last Kiss (1990), Falling Down (1993), Drawing Flies (1996), Harsh Times (2005), The Foot Fist Way (2006)

And probably a hundred more, but these are the ones off the top of my head without looking at my DVDs/Blurays.
    Might check some of above out!

Random ones at the moment, as I have a lot of time to kill I'm more open to a variety at the moment. Currently have a few downloaded, some seen before but like, some haven't watched all the way through and new ones.

Eagle v Shark (seen, love and love the main song)
    Loope r (did n't see yet)
    Moon (seen)
    Brazil (never saw)
    Argo (haven't seen)
    Cloud Atlas (haven't seen)
    Season 1 of Young Justice.

Got plenty of games as well needs playing, mainly on Steam.

Oh crap I forgot Wreck It Ralph!

Mission Impossible 3 is dope ya morons.

Still responds to BLOO
    Is that the one with Capote

Beast Master
    Dusty from Twister, yeah.