Page 799 of 1000 FirstFirst ... 299 699 749 789 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 809 849 899 ... LastLast
Results 15,961 to 15,980 of 19991

Thread: The Cinema / Rate the last movie you saw

It was awhile back but I don't remember it feeling that abrupt...

Spoiler!

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Spoiler!

Ohhhhh...

Spoiler!

Honkey Kong
    The Living Wake was amazing. Lockout was entertaining and hilarious, didn't notice the Escape vibe till ZP pointed it out but he's right, it's Escape in space.

Michael Caine is an actor I adore and figured he could carry anything. Until i watched Shiner. Dreadful film, from the acting to the story it's just all around bad. His "breakdown" scene is so pathetic and awkward you would think it was a acting class rehearsal.

Gonna look for that really weird yet interesting indie movie I was talking about the other night ZP. About to watch Wreck It Ralph with Lili.
    Last edited by usedtabe; 12-09-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Honkey Kong
    Indie flick is called Septien. It's presentation draws you in through quirkiness but it goes shit flinging weird by the end. Probably going to watch all of the "similar" movies according to Netflix too.

Wreck It Ralph was great. Lilil loved it.

Also, the Spanish language flick Casa de mi Padre with Will Ferrell was really good. Surprised me because I normally hate Ferrell.

Coriolanus get's a 10/10 from me. Ralph Fiennes is fucking godlike in it.

Rise of the Guardians - 7.5/10. A structurally-sound and visually-stimulating kids' movie that felt like a variation of the Monsters, Inc. blueprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Caostotale View Post
    Django looks stupid. Quentin Tarantino's an overrated bullshitter who's made a cottage industry out of a cheap and pastiche-laden attention whore's approach to film-making. He's done about as much damage to the face of independent film-making as assholes like Mike Patton and John Zorn have done to independent music-making.
    lol

Beast Master
    I'm not big on Jamie Foxx, but I'm definitely looking forward to Django Unchained. I'm not a blind Tarantino follower, but I love Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Inglourious Basterds, From Dusk 'Til Dawn and Grindhouse. Jackie Brown I like, but it's not near as enjoyable as the others I listed, it just kinda goes on and on. The Kill Bills are fine, but I don't think they're as great as most seem to. True Romance has some "cool" scenes and performances, but as a whole I don't care about it one way or the other. Four Rooms was mediocre.

As for movies that are really near and dear to my heart go, I revisited my Gremlins DVD last night and watched it and it's special features. Been going through Gremlins 2's features tonight and will be starting the flick soonish. I prefer the second one, but love 'em both.

Honkey Kong
    Gremlins 2 was definitely better than the first. First was good for what it was but I preferred the more comedic approach in 2.

Pwnd

<3/10

[Level 6: Robot]
    My last few...

Butter. Went in not knowing a damn thing about it, came out surprisingly satisfied... was a little slow to start but the end had me in tears. Plus Olivia Wilde playing a stripper/hooker, that wins major points for me. And fuck Jennifer Garner is a bitch. I swear, everything I've seen her in she's either a bitch, a super bitch or a super-king-kong-mega-biatch. I just dont like her. Overall, 7/10.

The Expendables 2. I... watched it. That's for sure. Mindless killing, over-cameo'd but still had some lol moments for me. Overall it was just as terrible as I expected, so I wasn't let down! 3/10.

Serenity.
    After finally watching Firefly I snapped up Serenity and was very glad to see the movie staying fairly true to the series. Made me sad to see Wash die though, god damn . 8/10.

10 Years.
    Yes, I've seen the Churning Turtum movie... except, it's not really a Turtum movie at all. I saw this with the wife because I needed some brownie points, it actually wasn't *that* bad in the end. The few stories outside of Turtum were vastly more interesting, but I feel like that did themselves a disservice by not exploring one or two more in depth, instead going waaaaaay too broad. 5/10.

Pwnd
    "IT WAS A FIREFIIIIIGHT"

Pwnd
    THEY USED AMMONIA! FUCK!

Apologies for ignoring you Artful. God damn I love this film <3

[Level 5: Mech]
    Ugh.... Red Dawn remake...
    It was alright, but all it will end up doing now is just tarnish the reputation of the original. Already I've heard many of my peers (high school kids) say that there's now no point to watch the original, because now they can watch the newer, better one. Ugh....

So I know I'm late to this game but I finally got around to watching Looper last night. It was very interesting to see but I think I was a little dooped by how much hype it was getting. Don't get me wrong it was pretty neat and I was really impressed with Joseph Gorden Levit pulling of a young Bruce Willis, but it was not really that phenomenal to me.

Spoiler!

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltySquirrel View Post
    It was alright, but all it will end up doing now is just tarnish the reputation of the original. Already I've heard many of my peers (high school kids) say that there's now no point to watch the original, because now they can watch the newer, better one. Ugh....
    ...Can't tell if you're implying the original Red Dawn is a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltySquirrel View Post
    The first movie's reputation is a crock. It's really just notorious for its over-the-top Cold War fantasizing. That said, your peers do sound like they're living up to the stereotype that they're the dumbest and most superficial generation of people to walk this earth. I'm reminded of people in my age group who thought that Tim Burton's Willy Wonka movie was somehow more worthwhile than the Gene Wilder version.

[Level 8: Skynet]

Adaptation of the great Unforgiven starring (a still young, though) Ken Watanabe (<3). I'm down.

I rewatched the original Red Dawn the day before I watched the remake, and it still holds up. Yeah, it's still pretty ridiculous, but it had a charm to it because the people making it, for better or worse, actually believed in what they were making. All the remake (and pretty much any remake ever) believed in was making some extra cash from brand recognition. I don't think the original is by any stretch of the imagination to be great, but it has it's moments. Plus, it has the best battle cry in any movie ever.

Also, think about all the games that were inspired by Red Dawn, like World in Conflict and the fucking aces Freedom Fighters.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Went to see the first chunk of Hobbit. I thought it was good enough but not sure how well it works as half a story in one film.