Page 125 of 143 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 135 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 2847

Thread: The Dtoid Comic Book Thread

Frodo Bangins
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    So can anybody give me any suggestions for stories to read involving Wolverine, or Lady Deathstrike, or Omega Red? Interested in the characters but have no idea where to start/what's good.
    as much as I hate mark Millar. Old man Logan is apparently amazing.

Frodo Bangins
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCiderMan View Post
    might get some flak for this but I think Origin is a genuinely great little story.

As for anything furthermy general advice is in the area of "if you like the look of something check it out, if there was stuff you were unsure about wiki it and if it wasn't to your tastestry something different" not always helpful I know unfortunately I think that just with the sheer amount of stuff availableout there recommendations will tendto yield small pools of really popular/talked about stuff with little to no consideration beyond that.

Also, whoo first unmoderated post! Baby the gloves are off!
    I see where you're coming from, but if you've read enough and know artists or writers you like/hate that helps. I'll never read anything bendis writes again. And anything that Greg land draws kills me to look at (poor Kieron Gillen). on the other hand, I'll read anything Brandon Graham does, and I love the stuff Ed Brubaker Writes.

I don't limit myself to these I'll check out new stuff too. But if art doesn't catch my eye at first it's a hard sell if I don't know the writer.

Still responds to BLOO
    The tie-in comic book series for the Injustice game is already 10 times more engaging than most of DC's stuff in recent memory.

Some of the New 52 stuff has been pretty decent so I won't be too vindictive.

I can't stop reading Supes' lines in Tim Daly's voice fuck yes I am so glad the DCAU introduced me to DC my brain is better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gobbldigook View Post
    I see where you're coming from, but if you've read enough and know artists or writers you like/hate that helps. I'll never read anything bendis writes again. And anything that Greg land draws kills me to look at (poor Kieron Gillen). on the other hand, I'll read anything Brandon Graham does, and I love the stuff Ed Brubaker Writes.

I don't limit myself to these I'll check out new stuff too. But if art doesn't catch my eye at first it's a hard sell if I don't know the writer.

You make an excellent point. I think one of the strengths of knowing/liking certain artists or authors is that they rarely stick to one or two collaborators so say a fan of Brubaker (recently read season one of Sleeper-brilliant btw) can discover some great new artists through their work.

Although for blanket recommendations I'll throw out anything by Gillen/McKelvie gets a hefty vote of confidence.

Frodo Bangins
    they're doing young avengers right? what was the series they did a few years back. My friend has been telling me how much he likes it.

I wish there was a good superman book right now... I would get excited for the scott snyder book but it's jim lee doing art and I'm pretty sure its not 1995 any more. I don't need the amount of muscles in my comics that I'll get with him drawing.

Still responds to BLOO

It's about to go down.

Frodo Bangins
    what supes book do you read Bloo?

Still responds to BLOO
    I was recently asked this by friends and they jumped on me when I said I can't say I am a fan of Big Blue, after their request I picked up Kingdom Come and watched Superman: The Animated Series. He has jumped up a lot on my radar now because of it.

I choked up, watery eyes and everything, at Supes words at the end of this episode on my first viewing.

I do enjoy Scott Snyders work, he's got IT as far as I am concerned. Will be interested in Man of Steel come June(at least that is what I am hearing it'll be out).

Frodo Bangins
    yeah I know there'll be a sample on free comic book day.

[Level 12: CHET]
    Anyone been watching the Batman The Dark Knight Returns cartoon?

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Loved both of them.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Anyone been watching the Batman The Dark Knight Returns cartoon?
    Yeah, I posted about it here. tl;dr: enjoyed them both immensely.

Also an Alan Moore story in the form of an imgur album, just for the heck of it.
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 02-18-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Frodo Bangins
    anybody caught up on saga...

[Level 4: Cyborg] IsolateMutate's Avatar
    THAT ONE PLACE IN SCANDINAVIA NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT
    Been reading more comics lately.

Caught up with Batman and read the Death In The Family (Scott Snyder) stuff, really enjoyed it.
    Read a bunch of the New 52 Teen Titans, thought it was awful.
    I read up until issue #9 of Batwing, I thought it was pretty cool and nice to see a different angle on the bad guy gone superhero story.
    Read some I, Vampire too, and I'm liking that so far.

I think that's about it. Might read some of that Injustice stuff.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector Garfria View Post
    I was recently asked this by friends and they jumped on me when I said I can't say I am a fan of Big Blue, after their request I picked up Kingdom Come and watched Superman: The Animated Series. He has jumped up a lot on my radar now because of it.

I choked up, watery eyes and everything, at Supes words at the end of this episode on my first viewing.

I do enjoy Scott Snyders work, he's got IT as far as I am concerned. Will be interested in Man of Steel come June(at least that is what I am hearing it'll be out).
    I'm getting obscure here, but my favorite Superman moments were actually written by Garth "I Hate Superheroes" Ennis in a JLA/Hitman mini: http://4thletter.net/2009/11/garth-e...e-superheroes/

There's another scene in there I can't find a scan of, just a short back and forth between Supes and Wonder Woman where she is basically chiding him for not acting tougher, more like a soldier. He just simply replies: "I'm not a soldier." So simple but so perfect. Grant Morrison gets that about the character too. That's part of the guy's appeal. He's the strongest, most powerful man in the world but he has zero ego about it.

Just read Avengers 001 - nice narrative, I've already read some spoilers of issues further on regarding Captain America and betrayal.

Still responds to BLOO
    Catching up on Nightwing, holy fuck the court of owls tie in works so well.

Frodo Bangins
    went to comic con this weekend. Got matt fraction to sign a copy of Casanova, a beastie boys comic by Jim Mahfood and got a print of all the Prophet chracters signed by Simon Roy and Brandon Graham.

Spent the day after catching up on most my single issues. Death of the family was pretty meh. I'll stick with batman for a little while longer but I'm starting to realize that Batman inc really is the best bat book right now (Closely followed by batman and robin for me).
    Also caught up on Avengers (bring back Jerome Opena), Captain Marvel (thank god dexter soy is gone for now).

Also read the first 3 issues of Nowhere men by The Publisher of Image Comics Eric Stephenson. it's drawn by Nate Bellegarde, and colored by Jordie Bellaire who I have been falling in love with.
    (some of her coloring)
    The book is really cool. it's got a cool 80s science feel to it. it also has some amazing fake ads in it.

Also read all of Prison Pit in one sitting. It may seem like it was written by a 12 year old... but is that really a bad thing.

(if that doesn't sell it to you...)

(...Maybe this will)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Just read Avengers 001 - nice narrative, I've already read some spoilers of issues further on regarding Captain America and betrayal.
    The first 3 issues of that are Gorgeous.

Love this art style!

The first 3 issues of that are Gorgeous.
    It really is!