Page 121 of 145 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 2886

Thread: The Dtoid Comic Book Thread

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Background info: A decade ago Kevin Smith began a comic mini-series called 'Spider-man/Black Cat: The Evil that Men Do'. Smith put out three or so issues and then stopped, never finishing it until a few years later. I only bought the first couple issues and so I never bothered with it when it finally came back. Anyways, there's a character Smith created in it name Mr. Brownstone. He was a mutant with the ability to teleport liquids over small distances. Not a very remarkable power, right? Well he uses it in his trade as a drug dealer to put heroin in people's bodies without using needles or anything else intrusive.

The point: Ever since reading about this guy, I randomly will think about his power when driving and another motorist is an idiot or too slow or whatever. I think about how if I had this dude's power I'd put water in these folks' tires as their driving. I don't even know what, if anything immediately noticeable, that would do. But that's my big nerdy idea of road rage; I would telepathically fill your tires with water while you're driving ten miles under the speed limit on the highway.

/dork
    If you add a volume of water to an airtight space, you're increasing the overall pressure within the container. Apply this concept to tires and you can see how it would eventually cause someone to have a blowout. Basically you'd be endangering the property (if not the lives) of law abiding motorists, while patting yourself on the back for being dorky and cute about it. That is a Clive Barker level of creepy right there.

[Level 12: CHET]
    heh

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    ahaha is that real?

It looks real but maybe tthe shops happened, think it's the former.

Frodo Bangins
    I feel like doing the same thing with my issue. the goblin issues were awesome but having Ramos back on that book for the end was very depressing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I will be editing this weeks comic recommendations tonight... starring... me. Be prepared for the terribleness.

Frodo Bangins

Happy New year, enjoy looking at my ugly mug.

Alan Moore's Swamp Thing. Like it a lot.

X-Factor: In love with it.

Pwnd
    Alan Moore's Swamp Thing is brilliant, especially the origin reveal.

Another one I like is Peter David's run on the Hulk. That's one of my favorite arcs of any comic, the one where Banner finally resolves his multiple personality issues and gains full control over his hero-monster form. Professor Hulk was the best thing ever. Still can't believe they went back to him being a tard.

I really enjoyed the artwork from that as well.

Pwnd
    I know right? Dale Keown is a genius. His pencils are always so clean and precise.

Did you ever read the Scott Snyder Batman?

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by umberhulk View Post
    Did you ever read the Scott Snyder Batman?
    No, I still haven't gotten around to it. Have they gone anywhere with the Joker face thing? My impression is that it's another of those wild events they put on to get people talking, whether it has any actual significance or not. It'd be interesting if there was a point to him having done that but eh, not getting my hopes up.

edit

Read around a bit after posting and realized the arc wraps up next month -- now I'm just hoping the conclusion won't be a rewrite of Face/Off. My lack of faith in current comics is disturbing lol

Scott Snyder Batman is actually better than I expected, the first of the new 52 relaunch was a drag for me, didn't like it, but once I got into issue 2, oh man that was some cool stuff on it.

The whole Joker face thing is being awesome, but I'm not sure if the face will really have an impact on something, sure it creates amazing disturbing moments, but I don't see it has much more than that. Also, Batman 13 was the best book of this run so far

Pwnd
    This interview makes it sound like the Joker is going to take Batman's face.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/scot...-spoilers.html

I think the great thing about what's coming up is that we're just getting started. Issue #13 was just The Joker saying, "I'm back, and I have a plan." And issue #14 was him saying, "Here's the beginning of my plan. Here's me telling you that I know who all of you are, and I'm going to bring you down one by one. In fact, I'm going to present you to Batman, and Batman is going to be the one that kills you in three days from now."

And I would just say that The Joker has already said that he's planning something of a celebration at some point. So I can promise you that it's going to be the craziest, most twisted thing we could possibly do in this book.

So I'm really excited. I just finished it, actually. I just finished #17. It has my favorite ending that I've ever done. So I'm really, really excited about it.
    And here's the cover.

Spoiler!

I so hope I'm wrong about that. Nobody wants the writer of Batman to rip off a Nic Cage movie.

I'm sure that's just a cover being a cover.

"And issue #14 was him saying, "Here's the beginning of my plan. Here's me telling you that I know who all of you are, and I'm going to bring you down one by one. In fact, I'm going to present you to Batman, and Batman is going to be the one that kills you in three days from now."

What Joker is doing is attacking Batman by attacking the people Batman cares about. He is saying that Batman is the cause of the deaths of the Bat-Family that he hopes to achieve. He has the idea that the Batman should not have the friends to support him, he liked Batman better when Batman was just a single guy, and wants Batman back to what he was.

I'm looking forward to what he does with the rest of the storyline, and I don't believe he is going to Face-off Batman, not literally at least

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    No, I still haven't gotten around to it. Have they gone anywhere with the Joker face thing? My impression is that it's another of those wild events they put on to get people talking, whether it has any actual significance or not. It'd be interesting if there was a point to him having done that but eh, not getting my hopes up.

edit

Read around a bit after posting and realized the arc wraps up next month -- now I'm just hoping the conclusion won't be a rewrite of Face/Off. My lack of faith in current comics is disturbing lol
    Read The Black Mirror first if you haven't, and maybe his Gates of Gotham stuff.

Snyder is a stud. Severed is brilliant, and I need to read his work in Swamp Thing. American Vampire is just alright, but it's better than it has any right to be.

I've been reading Swamp Thing and it's awesome, though I'm liking Animal Man more, they are connected, since they share a story arc and build up to the Rot World in both books since the first issue

Any of you knuckleheads have goodreads accounts? If so, send me a friend request I have the same name and avatar.

Just added, I don't add any comics/graphic novels there though, just regular books

Frodo Bangins
    I have my good reads but I rarely get to put comics on there. if only because I've been reading mostly single issues.