Page 120 of 143 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2847

Thread: The Dtoid Comic Book Thread

Frodo Bangins
    spoilers bitch...

Still responds to BLOO
    Marvel will just rectcon it in 8 months like they do everything, It's impossible to spoil their shit when it comes to major characters.

As long as they refuse the possibility of ending the story or taking it into territory that will change the status quo forever, there's really nothing they can do with this except cockblock interesting things from happening until someone figures out some kind of bullshit that will get Peter Parker back in the costume.

I'm glad I stopped reading these things a long time ago.

Pwnd
    Marvel ruined Spider-man forever with that Brand New Day garbage. The great thing about Peter Parker was that he grew up with his readers. He went from high school kid to college student to family man living in Avengers Tower and working for Tony Stark. Now that the last twenty years of character development have been thrown out the window, there's no good reason to care what happens to him next.

That's what I like about Batman. He's fundamental, archetypical, iconic. There's no way to ruin his character. The worst Batman comics I've ever read were still good comics.

Still responds to BLOO
    I've got more of a beef with Marvel than anything else, their "events" fall flat on their ugly face because they don't know how to properly plan the long reaching effects. I would actually be ok with them just doing events as a self contained thing. Or devoting their time to self contained stories in general. Its just silly that Beast is currently comatose in one book, fighting with a covert Avengers team on the other side of the world in another book, while being a member of the Illumanti Avengers in another. If these were self contained stories, it wouldn't be as retarded.

When the ultimate universe shit started coming out I thought it was great but just like their mainline universe it was allowed to go on for too long without deviation and now everything more or less has a status quo they're too chickenshit to move away from.

DC isn't much better at this shit either, mind you. But Marvel always has this, "We don't give a fuck we got all these pussy ass bitches by the throat anyway so cough up that loot" attitude about it and frankly, fuck them.

I was ten times happier with Marvel when they were just a logo with fun characters in my fighting games.

Pwnd
    Dude I got banned from marvel.com after Brand New Day came out. If I remember correctly they got sick of me when I started drawing comparisons to 9/11. The only good thing about Marvel right now is Joss Whedon. IMO

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    thanks for the spoiler but yeah I agree with you, what the fuck!

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Peter Parker & MJ have a rocky moment or a lapse in trust, decide to seperate, and finally get a divorce because they grew apart. Though, they'd probably get back together after a year or so.

That's all Marvel had to do. It really wasn't that hard.

Pwnd
    All Marvel really had to do was let me beat Joe Quesada with a pool cue.

Or, y'know, any random gardening implement and/or power tool. Not picky when it comes to justice.

Frodo Bangins
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector Garfria View Post
    Marvel will just rectcon it in 8 months like they do everything, It's impossible to spoil their shit when it comes to major characters.

As long as they refuse the possibility of ending the story or taking it into territory that will change the status quo forever, there's really nothing they can do with this except cockblock interesting things from happening until someone figures out some kind of bullshit that will get Peter Parker back in the costume.

I'm glad I stopped reading these things a long time ago.
    Still a dick move. I mean I don't really care since its spiderman, but I am reading it so not seeing the last page of the last issue would have been nice until at least it was released...

Still responds to BLOO
    Write me up on dick behavior then. I always knew snitching was in your kool-aid blood.

What's with the sassy ass 15 year old bullshit attitude lately anyway?

"You're not bloo ew go away..." Who the fuck do you think you are? Do I have to pull rank here? I'm one month your senior, and join dates mean everything you already know that. I am one month more important than you.

"blah blah blah with an ellipsis at the end like it's an AOL chatroom..." I don't go on the forums to sift through people's personality disorders. Either get yourself checked in for uglyface rehab or consult oncoming traffic.

Also, I am reluctant to say I am hooked on the Young Justice cartoon. Watching the trailer for it's january return and it looks like it's going to get the plug pulled soon so they're bringing in all the big guns. I saw Trigon, Mongul, and DeathStroke in the latest trailer. That's on top of the current Reach invasion the show is just about to unleash. They already acknowledged Jason Todd in the show too so maybe even the red hood is gonna get in that ass.

EDIT: On the serious, I put it in spoiler tags

Spiderman sucks.

Still responds to BLOO

Captain America #10, released earlier this year.

That made me chuckle.

Marvel Comics, and Disney by association, hates cancer kids.

Pwnd
    That's cool that they're doing a new Defenders comic. They were among my favorites.

Spoiler!

Tagged because I know I've been posting waaay too much of that stuff lately. He was awesome though! Dude had the Luke Skywalker thing where he fought his evil dad and such. I have his Defenders run and some of his independent series as well. It's amazing what they let kids read in the late seventies/early eighties.

Frodo Bangins
    Quote Originally Posted by Hector Garfria View Post
    Write me up on dick behavior then. I always knew snitching was in your kool-aid blood.

What's with the sassy ass 15 year old bullshit attitude lately anyway?

"You're not bloo ew go away..." Who the fuck do you think you are? Do I have to pull rank here? I'm one month your senior, and join dates mean everything you already know that. I am one month more important than you.

"blah blah blah with an ellipsis at the end like it's an AOL chatroom..." I don't go on the forums to sift through people's personality disorders. Either get yourself checked in for uglyface rehab or consult oncoming traffic.

Also, I am reluctant to say I am hooked on the Young Justice cartoon. Watching the trailer for it's january return and it looks like it's going to get the plug pulled soon so they're bringing in all the big guns. I saw Trigon, Mongul, and DeathStroke in the latest trailer. That's on top of the current Reach invasion the show is just about to unleash. They already acknowledged Jason Todd in the show too so maybe even the red hood is gonna get in that ass.

EDIT: On the serious, I put it in spoiler tags
    Sorry, I guess internet sarcasm wasn't working out I assumed most of us were cool with each other and could be dicks to each other for laughs. Sorry to bust your balls a little.

Thanks for throwin a tag on that.

I watched the first few episodes of young Justice and enjoyed it. I might go back to it at some point. Though does nolan north voice Superman and Superboy in that?

In fun news, New saga issue was Fucking awesome. also I got some cool Fiona staples art for xmas, poster, issue with one of her covers that I love. Might try to read the new Hickman/Opena Avengers issue today. shit is so good!

Still responds to BLOO
    Nolan does voice both yes.

[Level 12: CHET]
    An offer for any comic book folk (probably won't be interested).

Background info: A decade ago Kevin Smith began a comic mini-series called 'Spider-man/Black Cat: The Evil that Men Do'. Smith put out three or so issues and then stopped, never finishing it until a few years later. I only bought the first couple issues and so I never bothered with it when it finally came back. Anyways, there's a character Smith created in it name Mr. Brownstone. He was a mutant with the ability to teleport liquids over small distances. Not a very remarkable power, right? Well he uses it in his trade as a drug dealer to put heroin in people's bodies without using needles or anything else intrusive.

The point: Ever since reading about this guy, I randomly will think about his power when driving and another motorist is an idiot or too slow or whatever. I think about how if I had this dude's power I'd put water in these folks' tires as their driving. I don't even know what, if anything immediately noticeable, that would do. But that's my big nerdy idea of road rage; I would telepathically fill your tires with water while you're driving ten miles under the speed limit on the highway.

/dork

Still responds to BLOO
    If they're in the right lane they are technically doing nothing wrong.

I'm always in the fast lane.

Unless I'm driving through Wisconsin and trying to avoid a ticket, because those troopers are relentless.