Page 119 of 143 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2847

Thread: The Dtoid Comic Book Thread

  1. #2361
    Frodo Bangins
    Mr. Gobbldigook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,478
    Also Brandon Graham retweeted me and is following my twitter. I feel like Im gonna geek out way to hard when I meet him at ECCC.

  2. #2362
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    lizzardpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    I hesitate to even ask but...what whining does he about?

    About how he hates the movies they've done about his comics, like V for Vendetta and Watchmen



    I was watching that cover of Batman and I was thinking: "They've ripped off Hellboy a Hellboy cover? What the hell?" Then I saw it was a Elsworlds and saw Mike Mignola name on it, and everything made sense

  3. #2363
    Been reading 'Terminator - Burning Earth' lately, it's only short but I'm loving it. There's a few dumb plot points but generally the story's really good, feels a lot like the original Terminator's future did and the art style seems to really fit - well-drawn and colourful but still sort of murky.

    Trying to find something similar in tone but from the Aliens universe atm.

  4. #2364
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    Edd Strid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Mids, UK
    Posts
    2,488
    How I'd love to get back into the world of comics. Unfortunately I fail to find a decent independent store in my area.

    Forbidden Planet can blow me.

    Would anyone recommend any of the digital distributors should I choose to go down this path again?

  5. #2365
    Frodo Bangins
    Mr. Gobbldigook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,478
    my shop has a digital store...

    - - - Updated - - -

    also... I am moist.

  6. #2366
    Frodo Bangins
    Mr. Gobbldigook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,478

    You are the first to see this. I havent even made it public yet. there's no description, This is just the DC video. it's long, but there's some good stuff in there.

  7. #2367
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    lizzardpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gobbldigook View Post
    my shop has a digital store...

    - - - Updated - - -

    also... I am moist.

    Your shop does have a digital store and the link is: http://www.zanaducomics.com/buy-from-zanadu/

    ComiXology is a great site for digital comics, and by buying from that link on that page you are helping Zanadu Comics a little


    Also that trailer is fucking rad!!! I wanna read that now, i had no idea of that comic, mostly because I don't really care about European comics even though I'm European (and a terrible one I am)

    Oh yeah and thanks for sharing that video, will watch it later on today!

  8. #2368
    Frodo Bangins
    Mr. Gobbldigook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,478
    I just bought the book, it's out of print so I paid 70 bucks for it...

    - - - Updated - - -


  9. #2369
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    lizzardpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,591
    WHAT? So I guess I'm buying it cheaper on amazon UK and Hardcover!

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Incal-Al...5942247&sr=8-1

    Oh found another good price over, and you can order from this site to any part of the world -> http://www.bookdepository.com/Incal-.../9781906838393

    Already ordered Sandman a week ago, guess I'll be ordering this one as well, there are lots of copies available in europe

  10. #2370
    [Level 6: Robot] umberhulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,361
    Runaways is fantastic.

  11. #2371
    Frodo Bangins
    Mr. Gobbldigook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,478
    I just got the one with the yellow cover, it's a nice size, matches my Before the incal and will look great next to that metabarons, and Diosamante, those Humanoid hardcovers are so fucking pretty...
    in other news... I may or may not have spent nearly 200 bucks on comics today... Incal, Before the Incal, Cursed Pirate Girl, Wonder Woman 15, Thor #3, Saga #8, Multiple Warheads #3, Happy, #3, Avenger #2 (read this series if you are not... Jerome Opena's art is fucking brilliant...), Avengers arena #2, Hawkeye #6, Indestructable Hulk #2, Captain Marvel #8, And Captain America #2...
    So many good books.

    Wanted to pick up nowhere men #2 but missed it.

    also yeah Umber, Runaways is awesome. well... the BKV stuff at least.

  12. #2372
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    lizzardpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,591
    That's an awesome list for this week, will hopefully be reading some comics today, same comics except for Captain Marvel and Happy and Multiple Warheads (might have to look at this one someday).

    Runaways is awesome, but I haven't read all of it, mot enough I think, have to read it proper now, since I only read single issues here and there

  13. #2373
    Frodo Bangins
    Mr. Gobbldigook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,478
    captain marvels art is fucking terrible but I'm loving the book... you need to get multiple warheads... it's pretty much amazing.
    (has Brandon Graham Problems.)

    - - - Updated - - -

    http://mrgobbldigook.tumblr.com/ Been going on a Moebius Kick on my tumblr today.

  14. #2374
    [Level 6: Robot] umberhulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gobbldigook View Post
    I just got the one with the yellow cover, it's a nice size, matches my Before the incal and will look great next to that metabarons, and Diosamante, those Humanoid hardcovers are so fucking pretty...
    in other news... I may or may not have spent nearly 200 bucks on comics today... Incal, Before the Incal, Cursed Pirate Girl, Wonder Woman 15, Thor #3, Saga #8, Multiple Warheads #3, Happy, #3, Avenger #2 (read this series if you are not... Jerome Opena's art is fucking brilliant...), Avengers arena #2, Hawkeye #6, Indestructable Hulk #2, Captain Marvel #8, And Captain America #2...
    So many good books.

    Wanted to pick up nowhere men #2 but missed it.

    also yeah Umber, Runaways is awesome. well... the BKV stuff at least.
    Is there anything wrong with the Whedon stuff?

    Liked Thief of Thieves. On to saga.

  15. #2375
    Pwnd
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22,558
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzardKing View Post
    About how he hates the movies they've done about his comics, like V for Vendetta and Watchmen



    I was watching that cover of Batman and I was thinking: "They've ripped off Hellboy a Hellboy cover? What the hell?" Then I saw it was a Elsworlds and saw Mike Mignola name on it, and everything made sense
    Moore doesn't whine so much as he makes smartass comments which sail over people's heads. Like when he said he was going to spit venom all over the Watchmen movie? The dude literally prays to a snake god. It's quite the compliment coming from him.

    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 12-20-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: tagged video so it would be less obvious and distracting

  16. #2376
    Frodo Bangins
    Mr. Gobbldigook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,478
    Quote Originally Posted by umberhulk View Post
    Is there anything wrong with the Whedon stuff?

    Liked Thief of Thieves. On to saga.
    I don't think so I just lost interest.
    What issue is theif of thieves on? I stopped reading at issue 9.

  17. #2377
    [Level 6: Robot] umberhulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,361
    IDK. It's at least on iss 11. I've only read the first trade.

  18. #2378
    Frodo Bangins
    Mr. Gobbldigook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,478
    How do you feel about it?

  19. #2379
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    lizzardpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Moore doesn't whine so much as he makes smartass comments which sail over people's heads. Like when he said he was going to spit venom all over the Watchmen movie? The dude literally prays to a snake god. It's quite the compliment coming from him.

    Spoiler!
    Wow, had no idea about that, thanks for the info.

    Merry Christmas from Batman
    Spoiler!

  20. #2380
    Still responds to BLOO
    Hector Garfria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    16,689

    Since Bitches Be Crying

    Spoiler!



    What the fuck.
    Last edited by Hector Garfria; 12-22-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Comic book movies that don't suck
    By craineum in forum The Bar
    Replies: 182
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 12:17 AM
  2. Comic Book Video Game
    By ParasiteAdam in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-29-2009, 02:13 PM
  3. Dtoid Book Club Thread
    By Surf314 in forum The Bar
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 04:31 AM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-21-2007, 08:21 AM
  5. Comic Book Thread
    By TheMadLeper in forum The Bar
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 08:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •