Page 118 of 145 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 128 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2886

Thread: The Dtoid Comic Book Thread

Frodo Bangins

[Level 5: Mech]
    I've been re-reading old issues of Crossed because it makes my tummy tickle in a lovely way. I just finished The Deadwardians which was ok but nothing really amazing. Sad to see Vertigo diminishing with Hellblazer being rebooted in the 52 universe. I've been going back and reading a bunch of 2000 AD stuff, mostly garth Ennis' Judge Dredd stories and some Alan Grant stuff. I've been meaning to pick up Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Incal now that its been collected in one book. I found an amazing fifty cent box at a shop by my sister's house that has some pretty rare vertigo books and have been hitting that up pretty frequently. I got a copy of Rogan Gosh and most of the run of Flinch which is a neat horror anthology.

Frodo Bangins
    2 books, first is out next week, Before the incal, then another later on I believe.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    I made the missus read one issue of Crossed. Yeaaaaah, it wasn't for her.

To be fair, I don't like the comic that much either. Not because it's crass (the crass is quite funny in a twisted way), but because all the stories have the same cheap ending - they all die in a poetic justice kind of way. I just find it hard to care if they're all doomed to turn (or get butt raped) and then have one of those "Isn't it ironic?" send offs. This happened 3 times in a row for the Badlands serial and it got boring after the second one. That last one at the writer's house felt really rushed towards the end...and then they all died/turned...and that story about the cop and her niece had nothing to do with anything. Great.

Now that the shock has worn off, there's nowhere for the stories to go. It does feel like your reading the same thing over and over.

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    Crossed....brrrrr

Pwnd
    Comic books only exist to advertise comic book movies. The entire industry will be obsolete within a decade and we will never see another Alan Moore again.

I won't cry for lack of Alan Moore.

Pwnd
    Nobody expected you to. This is just a gaming site, after all.

Such plot twists!

Pwnd
    It's like watching M. Night Shyamalan suck Christopher Nolan's cock, and then you realize Christopher Nolan was actually Batman.

Shh. The imagery works because racism.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Crossed was awesome when Ennis was writing it, they they just had to capitalize it and go on with the series.

So yeah, read Crossed, ignore the bullshit crossed that is not Garth Ennis

I also want moore Alan More, just not whining from him (even if he is correct)

DC will kill Alan Moore for sure

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzardKing View Post
    I also want moore Alan More, just not whining from him (even if he is correct)
    I hesitate to even ask but...what whining does he about?

Pretty sure Alan Moore is currently working on another Neonomicon comic, right now.

God, I wish I didn't read the last one. I mean, it had Jacen Burrows doing the art...so yeah...I really should have seen the gang rape/Deep One rape for several pages thing coming.

Frodo Bangins
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Comic books only exist to advertise comic book movies. The entire industry will be obsolete within a decade and we will never see another Alan Moore again.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA aw leggy... I'm sorry. You're just so wrong. Try reading an image book sometime.

Frodo Bangins
    so people actually read crossed? it looks like it just has shock value covers but flipping through it I didn't see anything too special. I must admit a couple issues back the issue with the chainsaw to the crotch was a pretty brutal cover.

Also read the first issues of Fantastic Four and FF last night! Amazing. <3 fraction. Also got to read Deadpool 3, Batman inc (666 damian is fucking badass), and the first two issues of Stumptown Vol. 2. (Just as good as the first volume. art seems a little bit rushed though)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gobbldigook View Post
    so people actually read crossed? it looks like it just has shock value covers but flipping through it I didn't see anything too special. I must admit a couple issues back the issue with the chainsaw to the crotch was a pretty brutal cover.

Also read the first issues of Fantastic Four and FF last night! Amazing. <3 fraction. Also got to read Deadpool 3, Batman inc (666 damian is fucking badass), and the first two issues of Stumptown Vol. 2. (Just as good as the first volume. art seems a little bit rushed though)
    Yeah, people read Crossed. I flick through it in the store, but I've never bought it. I'm guessing its big with rocker types. It just feels that way. Ha!

New Stumptown was pretty good. What's the deal with Portland being the new place for noir, anyway?!

No sign of Lance Henriksen's comic To Hell You Ride in my store (we usually have stuff a week later), but I did pick up The Creep, the Criminal Macabre/30 Days of Night crossover, and IDW's Ghostbusters is friggin' awesome.

There was another new comic I flicked through - Change - defo seems worth checking out, but I'll wait for a collected version. EDIT: Oh, which is in your vid, do'h!

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gobbldigook View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA aw leggy... I'm sorry. You're just so wrong. Try reading an image book sometime.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA aw Sam... I'm not sorry for anything. I prefer to read things that matter.

like message boards

and sarcasm

[Level 5: Mech]
    I enjoy Crossed a lot but something about all that horror sings to me. Plus Dave Lapham is one of my favorite writers and he tends to write stories that make my stomach hurt in the most lovely way. Alan Moore is making a new Neonomicon? Well that's just neat! The first one.....wow. Pretty damn horrific and lovely. A new Fable trade comes out in January. I always look forward to those. Its just a fun read, plain and simple.

Pwnd
    Occams uses positivity! It's super effective

I think I might look this up later, it seems like my kind of thing. Plus it's probably rude for me to keep hating on the industry in your thread, sorry 'bout that Sam.

Frodo Bangins
    na its cool I still love you leggy, also Mignola doing batman always makes me happy.