Quantcast
Another Very Akward Introduction
Destructoid   |   Tomopop   |   Japanator   |   Flixist   |   !

Another Very Akward Introduction

I usually can't start a thread properly, so bear with me here: Hi! I'm Robert and this is an introduction! Ugh. *grins unenthusiastically*
    I've been reading Destructoid for a while and decided I might get my foot in the door to the community. So I did. Also a big fan of Podtoid, but I haven't gotten around to listening to any other podcasts on the site.

I own a PS3, a PS2, a PSP, a DS, a Wii, an N64, and a compy as of now. I used to have a 360 but it exploded* so I decided I'd just get a PS3 because I had recently upgraded my PC.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone here (in advance) and thanks for the warm reception (Hopefully in advance).

*overheated

To aid in your education, I would like to offer the following lesson in sign language.

http://www.signingsavvy.com/sign/AWKWARD

Enjoy! And welcome!

Also, I know someone who's going to be rather pleased with your choice of avatar.

Hi and welcome. whats your favorite games?

what kind of music do you listen to

Proper spelling, a decent introduction, and an awesome character for your avatar.

Sounds good to me. Welcome aboard!

What games are you playing at the moment?

Right! Games! Of course!

I'd go with the Metal Gear Solid series, LoZ (especially Wind Waker), Persona, Dragon Quest, Valve (the entire catalog except for HL 1, TF Classic and CS), Rock Band, Bethesda (well Fallout 3 and Oblivion anyway), Super Mario series (pretty much any franchise Nintendo's established as of 1997) off the top of my head.
    Basically FPSs, RPGs, platformers, action and a bit of rhythm.

Yeah, I've been playing a lot of Little King's Story, partially because it's fantastic and partially because it's by the guy that pitched Chulip. I'm curious as to who you're referring to.

OH ONE MORE THING. I must clarify that I'm 14, so if I start showing a lack of knowledge of anything that happened before 1995, blame it on that. Also I need to gauge how much shit you guys might give me.

Edit: Oh dammit. Now I forgot to say what games I'm playing right now.
    TF2, Little King's Story, Persona 3, Metal Gear Solid 4.

Edit Edit: Rock. I listen to rock music. It's vague-sounding because I pretty much embrace the entire genre. Also: jazz, classical.
    Last edited by Trebz; 08-11-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: I forget to put things in my posts constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Trebz View Post
    OH ONE MORE THING. I must clarify that I'm 14, so if I start showing a lack of knowledge of anything that happened before 1995, blame it on that. Also I need to gauge how much shit you guys might give me.

As long as you don't type like ksand over there, we don't judge based on age.

Unless you're a 16-year-old girl. Then we totally judge.
    But everyone else is totally okay.

You seem cool though. What kind of stuff are you into outside of gaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantomile View Post
    As long as you don't type like ksand over there, we don't judge based on age.
    I can. Do you want me to?

As for outside interests: lacrosse, trombone, clarinet, wallowing in puddles of my own bodily waste/tears/blood, making awful jokes that usually fail when I write them out, acknowledging my god-awful jokes, trying to make a joke out of ackno

I'll just stop right there because we all know I wasn't going anywhere mildly entertaining with that. Let's just say lacrosse and music, eh?

EDIT: NOW I'M SCARED TO EAT MEAT
    Last edited by Trebz; 08-11-2009 at 09:59 PM. Reason: REGGIE IS SCARING ME

Welcome to Dtoid! I'm an older lady... and not having any kids of my own, teenagers used to scare me! Thanks to playing online and gaming I've actually met quite a number of teenagers and find that for the most part they are fun to game with and many can even manage mature discussions on games and the industry.

So age isn't really an issue... so long as you don't run around teamkilling me in a game screaming "girls don't game"! LOL
    (yeah, actually had some kid do this to me once!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa View Post
    Welcome to Dtoid! I'm an older lady... and not having any kids of my own, teenagers used to scare me! Thanks to playing online and gaming I've actually met quite a number of teenagers and find that for the most part they are fun to game with and many can even manage mature discussions on games and the industry.

So age isn't really an issue... so long as you don't run around teamkilling me in a game screaming "girls don't game"! LOL
    (yeah, actually had some kid do this to me once!)
    You were frightened of teenagers but by interacting with them online you actually learned to like them?!?
    Well, stranger things have happened.

And if my age isn't an issue to you, why should your gender be to me?

Also, thanks for the warm reception everyone.