Page 51 of 1000 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 19984

Thread: The Arcade

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by KD_Alpha View Post
    Jimbo needs to take his game to the 360 crowd. My bet is most of us would own all of you guys. Y'all ain't ready for my Ryu/Balrog, Bloo's Akuma, Danro's Ken/Gouken, Rab's Balrog/Gouken or Cataract's Honda.

We should seriously have some sort of 360 vs PS3 SFIV matches set up. I'd put money on it.
    EVO 2010?

Also Senisan and Dan already play on the PS3 side.

Wants to be the very best. Like no one ever was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckarasu View Post
    Pinball was definitely a fun game.
    fun? FUN?! POKEMON PINBALL IS THE JESUS OF PINBALL GAMES YOU BASTARD!

Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    EVO 2010?

I think I need to get into the SF4 stuff with youse guys. The only dtoider I played that game with is Snaileb. I beat him back then but I think that has more to do with the fact that I move like a spaz with Sagat which makes me relatively hard to hit. Other then that I don't think I am very good. I am better at blazblue and mahvel baby then I am with SF4.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    EVO 2010?

If enough Dtoiders go I'll try to make it. Sounds like it'd be pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnalon View Post
    So after actually playing WET passed the demo, my final thoughts are "meh".

It's a repetitive slow-mo simulator minus the charm of a good Quentin Tarantino movie, which they were trying to emulate. On the plus side, Destructoid.com has the only quote on the back of the case!
    Wet looks like it is a going to be a tiny step up from Stranglehold. which isn't saying much since stranglehold was terrible.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Got me some Mario & Luigi 3 up in this bitch! It's so funny, I've already lol'd so much. The music is great, and so far the gameplay seems awesome. Definitely looking forward to it.

Beast Master
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2-

I'm initially underwhelmed by it. I'm not too far in, but so far the graphics are the only thing so far that are changed for the better, and they're really not all that improved. The HUD is slicker but less informative. Apparently there's only one alternate costume per hero, compared to the previous game's three. Searching online tells me that the reasoning is these characters are sooo much more detailed than those in the last game, that they can't just be re-skinned. Common sense tells me that this is an Activision published game and they want easy DLC cash. With all the clipping going on they want to tell me that alternate skins are going to be more of a problem? Another minor gripe; Spider-Man and Thor's voices are pretty bad this time around. Also, I still hate the invisible walls and ceilings here.

I dunno, I like the game and on the surface it seems more polished than it's predecessor, but beneath that it's coming up quite shallow. I should've waited for a price drop, but as a longtime Deadpool fanboy I couldn't do it.

[Level 6: Robot]
    @Zombie
    I'll be picking it up sometime soon for the 360. A lot of fans of the first one said that it's not as good, and the graphics look worse (hearsay).

My only definite turn-off so far is the fact that you can't pick anyone you want whenever you want because of the civil war storyline. TELL ME when you beat it you can pick anyone in new game +

Beast Master
    Nah, they definitely are a step up. Just a step, not a leap or anything, but still. The cutscenes aren't up to the original's handful of pre-rendered ones, but I've got nothing against the look of the game so far.

I also hope there's a new game + mode, because there's a decent sized bit of game before the Civil War starts where you're still severely limited in who you have.

I forgot to mention that the save system and hero swapping are much better done this time around. I didn't get online with it yet either, and multiplayer is definitely where it'll be more fun. I'm just initially hung-up on a few places where the game's not changed at all or even taken a step back.

So, Crisis Core is frigging awesome. /late to party

Holy shit that Viper is ridiculous. I don't think I've ever seen a Viper that good, including Combofiend's. Sanford is no joke with Rose either, so for him to get dominated like that is pretty impressive.

YOUR SHIT IS OVER, FAKE MUSHROOM!
    I fought him casually at GamesUnicon at the end of August and his C.Viper is definitely a beast. He spent most of his time on the projection screen fights because he was so entertaining to watch!

Titles are for jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    I bought Kotor on Steam last night and have been playing it for the last two hours.

I tell you what, the beginning stages of WRPGs only come in two flavors, boring and more boring.
    It'll get better, most WRPG's start out slow and get better as you progress.

Oh, I know. It's just that no JRPG I've ever played has been this mind numbingly boring yet.

I'm off to play it again, see if I can't get the fuck off Tanaris or find Bastilla or some shit.
    Trust me; it get's infinitely better once you leave Taris.

Oh, I know. It's just that no JRPG I've ever played has been this mind numbingly boring yet.

I'm off to play it again, see if I can't get the fuck off Tanaris or find Bastilla or some shit.
    This is how I feel about pretty much every WRPG. Call me a weaboo if you must, but I just cannot enjoy them.

I really wanted to like Fallout 3 and KoToR, but they're (KoToR especially) some of the most boring experiences I've ever had with video games.

Titles are for jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Womanizing Pig Mask View Post
    Trust me; it get's infinitely better once you leave Taris.
    This X 2387094327932813287847256983125 = Fun factor once getting the fuck off Taris.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    This X 2387094327932813287847256983125 = Fun factor once getting the fuck off Taris.
    I like how despite everyone hating Taris, they pulled the exact same shit in 2, only worse D:

Titles are for jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Womanizing Pig Mask View Post
    I like how despite everyone hating Taris, they pulled the exact same shit in 2, only worse D:
    I knooowwwww I hated it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I knooowwwww I hated it so much.
    I know its offtopic, but that is not eye rolling. That is something far worse.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantomile View Post
    This is how I feel about pretty much every WRPG. Call me a weaboo if you must, but I just cannot enjoy them.

I really wanted to like Fallout 3 and KoToR, but they're (KoToR especially) some of the most boring experiences I've ever had with video games.
    I'm pretty partial to Eastern games myself. KoToR does get MUCH better very quickly, though.