Page 4 of 1000 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcade

J-Ro
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodylip View Post
    It never dawned on me to move down in Passage, I think because of the aspect of it. It was narrow vertically, so I assumed that was the entire view.

Either way, Passage didn't rape me or touch me inappropriately, but I don't consider it a game. I'd say its more like interactive art, but its all a subjective definition anyway. So I won't argue the point with anybody who disagrees. Unless they try to tell me that its a fighting game or a shmup or something. Then they're just wrong.
    I think Passage is fine, but I still have yet to have anyone tell me what there is in Passage that isn't a basic part of The Sims, besides the pixel art. And I'm serious about this.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Yea I'm not a kooky "OMG PASSAGE IS THE FUTURE" type person, I just thought it was a grand experiment. I also don't think people are any less special because they didn't "get it". For all intents and purposes, Today I Die is a better "game".

The Italian Stallion
    Quote Originally Posted by TewDee View Post
    http://www.instantrimshot.com/

And now, something completly different:

In the Game Recommendation Thread, someone recommended something that made me fall out of my chain in nostalgia: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm.

Before Naruto hit the US, me and my high school friends sat around once a week and watched anime in one of our basements and played video games all day, including Naruto. It was fucking great. Then my buddy Matt imported this game, or whatever iteration was on the GameCube in Japan at the time, and it pretty much unlocked my love for fighting games. The game was not deep at all, but fuck was it fun and I played a kick ass Kiba (the kid with the dog) and Shino (kid with the insects) that won tournaments.
    I played the demo of this as SOON as it came out. And by god it was amazing. However, the battle could use more moves or options IMHO. I saw Rancor from Dtoid playing it on his PS3 the other day for the first time (the demo that is).

I asked him what thought and he agreed completely and thought the same thing.

I know there's combos, but the battle's seem very limited with what you can do.

I've been pondering whether to buy it since January. I guess you would recommend it

Keeper of the Reals
    So I was playing The Witcher the other day. I was killing a ghoul near a town and for some reason the guards on the town's gate decided to attack me too, even though I was killing A GHOUL. It was three of them so I had to kill them. I keep playing the game like normal and today a headhunter shows up and he says he wants my head because I killed those guards. The guy fucking kills me in one hit and I can't do any damage to him. So basically I'm running around, continuing the game constantly fleeing from this guy. If you run far away enough he stops following, but he eventually comes back after you exit a house or a cave or anything. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyduda View Post
    I've been pondering whether to buy it since January. I guess you would recommend it
    I can only recommend the old GameCube one's because that was all I played. I don't know what the new junk is like.

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiranio View Post
    So I was playing The Witcher the other day. I was killing a ghoul near a town and for some reason the guards on the town's gate decided to attack me too, even though I was killing A GHOUL. It was three of them so I had to kill them. I keep playing the game like normal and today a headhunter shows up and he says he wants my head because I killed those guards. The guy fucking kills me in one hit and I can't do any damage to him. So basically I'm running around, continuing the game constantly fleeing from this guy. If you run far away enough he stops following, but he eventually comes back after you exit a house or a cave or anything. Good times.
    Sounds like great game design!

Still responds to BLOO
    BLOG WHORING: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/de+...m-143336.phtml

Does anybody want a Darkstalkers HD Remix/re-release?

I'd like it, but I don't care too much for the series.

Well here is hoping once your high enough level after walking out of a cave or something you can bitch smack his ass and not see him anymore.

Keeper of the Reals
    Quote Originally Posted by chronoswing View Post
    Well here is hoping once your high enough level after walking out of a cave or something you can bitch smack his ass and not see him anymore.
    Actually I just paid him off yesterday. One thousand orens. All the money I had with me. There was just no chance of killing him for a long while. But it was quite fun having headhunter constantly on your tail.

Actually I just paid him off yesterday. One thousand orens. All the money I had with me. There was just no chance of killing him for a long while. But it was quite fun having headhunter constantly on your tail.
    What part of the game are you at? 1000 Orens should not be a lot after a while.

I just found out that every hour of play in Ikaruga on the 360 grants you an extra continue, up until after 8 or 9 when you get infinite continues, just like in the Gamecube version. Thank fucking god. I can get as far as Chapter 4 on the three continues on Normal mode, and that's it. That level is fucking hard.

Also, given my lack of paying attention to the Live Arcade games, I just now realized that the old Ninja Turltes arcade game is on there. Not the Turtles in Time remake that I hear is kind of a turd, but the first level in the burning apartment one. 400 points. That is fucking awesome. I may bite.

Still responds to BLOO
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopface Morty View Post
    I just found out that every hour of play in Ikaruga on the 360 grants you an extra continue, up until after 8 or 9 when you get infinite continues, just like in the Gamecube version. Thank fucking god. I can get as far as Chapter 4 on the three continues on Normal mode, and that's it. That level is fucking hard.

Also, given my lack of paying attention to the Live Arcade games, I just now realized that the old Ninja Turltes arcade game is on there. Not the Turtles in Time remake that I hear is kind of a turd, but the first level in the burning apartment one. 400 points. That is fucking awesome. I may bite.
    It's awesome. Definitely worth it.

But when you play online you get like 20 continues. I suck at it so I usually end up dead at the beginning of the last level.

Keeper of the Reals
    Quote Originally Posted by TewDee View Post
    What part of the game are you at? 1000 Orens should not be a lot after a while.
    I'm finishing up business in the ouskirts of Vizima. I just have to face the Salamandras in what appears to be the final confrontation. I just saved the girl at the inn and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopface Morty View Post
    I can't get past the second boss, and I even have trouble in that level.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Quote Originally Posted by de BLOO View Post
    BLOG WHORING: http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/de+...m-143336.phtml

Does anybody want a Darkstalkers HD Remix/re-release?

I'd like it, but I don't care too much for the series.
    That would be cool, I guess, but not as cool as a Rival Schools re-release would be. Rival Schools would be BOSS online. They could totally do it. They totally won't though. Totally.

That's pretty awesome. Since I'm not a jerk who goes around killing guards I had no idea that happened, but now I kinda want to try it out.

Keeper of the Reals
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Eclipse View Post
    That's pretty awesome. Since I'm not a jerk who goes around killing guards I had no idea that happened, but now I kinda want to try it out.
    Excuse me, Zodiac, but I'm no jerk either. I killed those guards because I thought I didn't have a choice. So stop torturing my conscience.

Excuse me, Zodiac, but I'm no jerk either. I killed those guards because I though I didn't have a choice. So stop torturing my conscience.
    Yeah I'll bet you didn't have a choice, just like the other night when you repeatedly killed me in TF2. Excuse me if I find your version of the story a little suspicious.

Keeper of the Reals
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Eclipse View Post
    Yeah I'll bet you didn't have a choice, just like the other night when you repeatedly killed me in TF2. Excuse me if I find your version of the story a little suspicious.
    I've done it before and I'll do it again. I'll take you and Serp both.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Kiranio's story reminds me of one of my adventurer's runs in dwarf fortress. I decided to make a human char that killed elves on sight no matter what. luckily I started in the wilderness directly next to an elf city. I started by sneaking around the city strangling sleeping guards, and taking their equipment. Soon I was strong enough to take on 5 enemies at a time, and decided to find a human city where I could gather a group. But shortly after reaching the border of town... an elf child. I figured it followed me from it's now; Ghost town.

It moved one square in my direction before being blown to hell by a whirling javelin. Unknown to me, the fucking kid was a slave or something of the Human town. Bringing down the wrath of the city upon me. Alone I killed every bastard in the city, only to drown, after willingly jumping in a pond to wash the blood forgetting the need for swimming skill.