Page 11 of 1000 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcade

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    I totally have zero interest in Mad World, but No More Heroes is one of my favorite games. It just seemed to me like a Tarantino style film where it was more of a homage to the genre it's based in more than a title that's just labeled by it.

It's one of those games that loves it's source material, knows everything that's awesome about it, acknowledges the lame things, the hilariously horrible things and wraps them all together in one package.

Some things about it sucked, like the job mini games, but overall it had a fantastic story that was actually pretty hilarious. It also had a great soundtrack, Pleather for Breakfest is one of my favorite boss fight themes ever.
    You have no idea how much I loved No More Heroes. It captured my heart a way very few--if any--games ever have. The fight with Bad Girl (partly because of Pleather for Breakfast) is one of my favorite moments in a video game ever.

The shoot 'em up stage... the (mini) side-scrolling section... it was one of the most obvious labors of love I've seen in video games. I am extremely excited for No More Heroes 2 (Shinobu!), and while I'm sad to know it's leaving Wii after that game, I can only wonder at what Suda plans to do with the series on PS360. The cel-shading potential alone could make the game incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Womanizing Pig Mask View Post
    !! I just realized Jann in Valkyria Chronicles (the awesomely camp Lancer) is voice by John DiMaggio AKA Wakka/Bender/Marcus Fenix
    John also voiced one of the (hilarious) commentators in MadWorld. They were awesome.

"You know, I heard those pills go down really well with a little bit of scotch."
    "I like to wash down my scotch with a little bit of scotch."
    "I like scotch!"
    "I like scotch!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan451 View Post
    What if Wakka was replaced with Bender?
    Haha, I'd rather he replace Jecht though XP

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Who here agrees that Crispin Freeman is one of the best American Voice actors, ever? Seriously, his Zetta/Albedo/Heat is fantastic.

Crispin Freeman is amazing. I love his deep voiced roles. I want Mark Gibbon to lend his voice a lot more in video games, though.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Zetta <3 <3 <3

Late to the FF main character party:

Hmm...

I'd say Cecil>Squall>Tidus>Zidane>Cloud>FF6 Main Characters

I didn't mind Tidus. Mainly because he's an athlete, and once you complete the sphere grid with him, he's incredibly formidable in battle: which I respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnalon View Post
    Zetta <3 <3 <3

Late to the FF main character party:

Hmm...

I'd say Cecil>Squall>Tidus>Zidane>Cloud>FF6 Main Characters

I didn't mind Tidus. Mainly because he's an athlete, and once you complete the sphere grid with him, he's incredibly formidable in battle: which I respect.
    Tidus sucks, and Zidane is superior in every other way.
    All others>Tidus

Also:

Zetta>all FF characters

Quote Originally Posted by Ckarasu View Post
    Tidus sucks, and Zidane is superior in every other way.
    All others>Tidus

Also:

Zetta>all FF characters
    I of the notion that Tidus is pretty much the worst main character of the franchise (note, I refuse to play anything with the FF label after X, which means that they probably get worse, I just don't know about them yet). X was pretty bad, as far as story goes. If anyone can explain to me what Tidus is/was without contradicting themselves, you'll do a better job than Square did. The music was rather generic VG music (hard to follow in Uematsu's footsteps and I feel sorry for Hamazu), the characters were underdeveloped (other than Tidus, Yuna and Auron...I mean seriously, did anyone care about Wakka/Kimahri/Rikku/Lulu at all towards the middle of the game? I didn't.), the lack of an overworld was pretty disappointing and other than it's battle system (which I enjoyed and was rather fond of), X wasn't too spectacular. The battle system and Blitzball are the only reasons I played the game.

Aside from bashing FFX, Kefka is the best villian (he was easily the most successful and hardest villian,) and Zidane is probably the best protagonist. Honorable mentions go to Cyan, Yang, Vincent (FFVII, before he was all gayified), Freya and Auron.

Also, fuck Sephiroth. What a cry-baby. He wants his mommy, can't have her, so he wants to end the world? What a pussy. Fuck Cloud too. "Oh, woe is me, I don't know who I am. Let's take up an entire disc with my estrogen-filled pity party." Squall got emo because his piece of ass was always trying to get away from him and his psycho teacher was all up on his nuts. Cloud was emo because he had no nuts. Case closed.

Moving on: Who's your favorite Nippon Icchi protagonist. Zetta's a pretty awesome character, and has many funny lines. Marona is the strong, determined girl who suffers from prejudice. Laharl is just all around funny. Then there's Gig. He wants to kill everyone, mocks you at every turn, and has a hotpod addiction. Can't really choose one, but Gig is pretty awesome, so I'll go with that.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Not moving on. Vaan is easily worse than Tidus. He's probably my least favorite FF main ever. XII should have dropped Vaan and Penelo and focused solely on Balthier <3

Quote Originally Posted by bloodylip View Post
    Not moving on. Vaan is easily worse than Tidus. He's probably my least favorite FF main ever. XII should have dropped Vaan and Penelo and focused solely on Balthier <3
    No. Vaan is a step up from Tidus, if only because he is not as obnoxious in his attempts to be upbeat.

I think the game would have been MUCH improved character wise with Basch, Ashe and Balthier being the main focus right from the begining.

I didn't mind Tidus personally, not a top choice for me in any way, but didn't annoy me too much and was a decent part of my party, plus I really like FFX in general other thant he lack of the overworld.

Cloud is definitely emo, but I'm a fan of FFVII and the story, and his mind-fuckedness is an interesting part of it, at least for me.

I refuse to try and put a list together for the protaginists of FF games though, would have to spend too much time thinking, and thats not something I'm wiling to do this early in the day.

Tidus has nothing on FFX-2 Yuna where annoying is concerned.

Aerox
    Vaan and Penelo aren't worse because you can banish them out of your party and never hear from them again.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'd move on!

Best NIS protagonist? Hmmmmmmmm...

Zetta! They literally made him too cool.

In terms of the above dicussion
    Square Enix made a game called FFXII? I was wondering why the skipped to XIII! /sarcasm
    ---
    Best RPG protagonist?
    Alex from Lunar. Probably the most classic archetypal hero every made.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I ALWAYS preferred Balthier and Fran over Vaan and Penelo. Not just for my party, but personality... weapons... skills... story... looks...

Who could ever deny the scruffy nerf herder of Ivalice

who ever gave the OK on Vann's voice and character design should be fired, he has a open vest with no shirt on, and the face of a girl. and his voice I've never heard anything like it, he sounds like a man impersonating a woman. I'm, sorry It's my least favorite final fantasy.
    the best thing about it was i traded it to a friend for crisis core.

The best NIS protagonist is Adell from disgaea 2.

Quote Originally Posted by spot the spy View Post
    The best NIS protagonist is Adell from disgaea 2.
    Blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckarasu View Post
    Blasphemy.
    in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by spot the spy View Post
    in what way?
    In every way.

specifics? he has red hair, and wears office clothes and uses his hands he doesn't afraid of anything!