Page 822 of 967 FirstFirst ... 322 722 772 812 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 832 872 922 ... LastLast
Results 16,421 to 16,440 of 19323

Thread: The Arcade

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    Anybody got Spec Ops: The Line or the Walking Dead episodes? Worth checking out or what?
    The Walking Dead is easily one of the GOTY and probably up there as one of my all time faves. I mean gameplay-wise, its your standard Telltale point and click, but it's such good storytelling and nice spin on zombie horror games.

It's been refreshing to play a game where I care about a bunch of videogame characters, other than the protagonist, and have me wondering if I made the right call. It's not so much about picking the perfect answer because ultimately something will screw everything up. You basically ride it out the best you can because there's no cheating/appease everyone scenario.

Still responds to BLOO
    What's your K/D ratio on it

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Better than my COD K/D, that's for sure.

*mumble*0.90*mumble*

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    The Walking Dead is easily one of the GOTY and probably up there as one of my all time faves. I mean gameplay-wise, its your standard Telltale point and click, but it's such good storytelling and nice spin on zombie horror games.

It's been refreshing to play a game where I care about a bunch of videogame characters, other than the protagonist, and have me wondering if I made the right call. It's not so much about picking the perfect answer because ultimately something will screw everything up. You basically ride it out the best you can because there's no cheating/appease everyone scenario.
    Yeah, that's kind of what I'm looking for; something a bit different but engaging at the same time.

Picked it up in the steam sale this morning, along with Spec Ops, so I hope I enjoy them.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post

Best description of the game.

I just finished the episode 5 and I cried a lot, it's a hard game emotionally and it is just so good, I have no words to describe how amazing it is, and how much I hate (in a good way) the writers for making me feel so much for these characters

Bringer of Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtabe View Post
    Yep. Going to Walmart tonight to pick those two up for $25. Starts at 8pm too so no bullshit, especially when I'm in a town that has less than 3000 total population ATM.
    I have to go into work at 8. I get off at 3 so I guess I'm just gonna have to hope they're still on sale by then and they didn't sell them all for some reason.

*EDIT*
    Heads up, just checked CheapAssGamer and people are reporting that the Wal-Mart sales are already live.

YMMV as some as reporting their store not having them up yet, but if you're in a situation like me or just wanna do it now, might be worth checking.

Honkey Kong
    Yeah, this walmart didn't start till 7pm. Go figure small hick town sold out of X-Com lol. Got Dishonored and BLOPS2.

Pwnd
    They were sold out of Spec Ops at mine, so I just got Blood Stone instead. Wasn't even on sale but I'd rather play that again anyway.

Still responds to BLOO
    Yeah, I got BLOPS2.

Part of the problem

Honkey Kong
    Eh, Halo has been acting like ass since the update and I've been loving the hell out of SWAT so I figured I would give it a whirl.

Still responds to BLOO
    At least you don't deny it I guess

Pwnd
    I bet BLOPS2 has a pretty good storyline. I liked what they did with the last one, anyway. It wasn't Oscar material or anything but it was still more interesting than what I expected from that kind of game.

Honkey Kong
    Never played the other one. Haven't touched COD since MW2.

Bringer of Truth
    Yeah, this walmart didn't start till 7pm. Go figure small hick town sold out of X-Com lol. Got Dishonored and BLOPS2.
    I just went when I got off of work.

The first one I went to didn't have XCOM but I snagged Dishonored. There's another one kind of near my house so I went there to check and grabbed XCOM there. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    I bet BLOPS2 has a pretty good storyline. I liked what they did with the last one, anyway. It wasn't Oscar material or anything but it was still more interesting than what I expected from that kind of game.
    The campaign so far in BLOPS 2 is actually pretty interesting. The first one did have a pretty neat story and it's actually cool to see it continued.

I didn't buy shit today because I already have more games than I'm gonna play now as it is.

Bringer of Truth
    So BLOPS 2 actually has some branching elements to the story that change shit. Like a few of them I think would have drastically changed things. Also depending on what "intel" stuff you find it can change the story. There was one level where I found CIA documents and it made my guy confront somebody later and be like "YO WTF"

Too bad like 80% of the people who bought it won't play it.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownBaby View Post
    So BLOPS 2 actually has some branching elements to the story that change shit. Like a few of them I think would have drastically changed things. Also depending on what "intel" stuff you find it can change the story. There was one level where I found CIA documents and it made my guy confront somebody later and be like "YO WTF"

Too bad like 80% of the people who bought it won't play it.
    No shit? That's cool. I liked the other Black Ops and never even tried the multiplayer.

Story mode is pretty much the king of my gaming life. I can spend hours in quiet contemplation of a game's writing and come away with the feeling that I've gained something. Multiplayer is just a Pavlovian model of addictive behavior, like I'm dumping money into a slot machine. I can appreciate the social factor though. Plus I've seen at least one new game that adds narrative to its online element -- AC3 has some kind of separate story, where you unlock videos as you go through MP. Haven't played much of it but I like the concept.

Still responds to BLOO
    The problem with relying on story mode as your main squeeze is that 99% of videogames are not particularly well written or made to give the consumer something to think about.

Pwnd
    But there's always the 1% (and damn, I didn't think anybody would ever get me to say that as a positive about anything). Plus a lot of the time good stories in games go unnoticed for the most part. It's not that they're so rare. It only seems that way because they're so rarely talked about.
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 11-24-2012 at 04:09 AM. Reason: grammars and stuff

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I'm thinking about giving RAGE a second chance.