Page 402 of 518 FirstFirst ... 302 352 392 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 412 452 502 ... LastLast
Results 8,021 to 8,040 of 10357

Thread: What games are YOU currently playing?

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Binary Domain.

Damn, this game needs more love.

Quote Originally Posted by djnealb View Post
    I've decided that I'm not going to play anything else until I beat Wild Arms, which I bought on the PSN several years ago but never completed. I think I'm about halfway through.
    I did something like that with WA once. Went somewhere and got directions, left the game for a few months, came back and I couldn't remember where to go. The guy wouldn't tell me a second time. Ugh.

Still, absolutely loved that game back in the day.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Yeah, I was completely lost when I reloaded my game the other week. Had no idea where I was or where I was supposed to go, but I had the boat and could go in the deep water. I just explored the world until I found a land mass with challenging monsters (my party was in the low 30s level-wise). I went to the closest town, which was actually some sort of arena. Unfortunately, that didn't really help, so I broke down and went over to Gamefaqs and looked at a walkthrough and was able to finally get back on track.

I am active playing
    Modern Warfare
    Rage
    Fallout 3
    Walking Dead ep1

Still forcing my way through Assassin's Creed 3. God. for every enjoyable section in this game there's an awful section where you just follow a series of waypoints for 10 minutes or a stealth-oriented full synchronization requirement that very quickly and painfully reminds you that, despite the fact that this is technically the 5th game in the franchise, the actual stealth mechanics are still essentially broken. It's amazing how they managed to take the coolness of sneaking through open environments and completely ruin it by applying their usual strictly linear mission design to it. Most of the time, the stealth isn't about outsmarting the enemy, but rather about knowing which direction has the consistent paths of knee-high grass for you to hide in. I have to play this game in short bursts, because I just get progressively angrier as I do so.

Pow! Right in the kisser!
    Quote Originally Posted by digtastik View Post
    I am active playing
    Modern Warfare
    Rage
    Fallout 3
    Walking Dead ep1
    I'm playing that too!

But why in the hell haven't you finished TWD ep 1 yet!?

Quote Originally Posted by PappaDukes View Post
    I'm playing that too!

But why in the hell haven't you finished TWD ep 1 yet!?
    hahaha. Time. I told you. I have none. In fact that's the only one that I didn't start last year.

[Level 3: Humanoid] ConnorTheScot's Avatar
    Ended up picking up Telltales The Walking Dead, playing through that on the IOS since my system is packed ready for moving on Friday.
    Also grabbed the me SSX per owned for nice and cheap, solid game except from the whole 9 deadly descents thing, I don't like the gimmicks, well not the once I have had so far. Need to pick up SSX Tricky for some good ole' nostalgia!

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorTheScot View Post
    Also grabbed the me SSX per owned for nice and cheap, solid game except from the whole 9 deadly descents thing, I don't like the gimmicks, well not the once I have had so far. Need to pick up SSX Tricky for some good ole' nostalgia!
    I finally picked up that game recently too, and I've barely played it. It seemed to be completely devoid of any of the soul or fun of the old PS2 era games. Really disappointing.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    got Binary Domain and Anarchy Reigns today. Both pretty cool. I need a mic with better noise reduction; every time something happens in the background the game thinks I'm saying "Fuck" and my partner keeps telling me to stop complaining. I adjusted the noise gate, but then the game couldnt hear the begining of what I'd say and misinterpret me. I finally put it back. I got to an enemy position were the best tactic was to wait. When Bo asked what to do, the game heard itself and thought I told it to charge. That is were I quit.

Anarchy Reigns is fucking fun as hell. I'm one of the PS3 pre-orderers that has a busted bonus code, though, so I have to wait for SEGA to fix that. Maybe I'll be comped for future DLC? I doubt it. Still awesome. Only played Leo, Nikolai, and Sasha so far. Sasha being my favorite at this point. Going to try Garuda next time I get online. Looking forward to the FNF this week.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by King Süshi View Post
    got Binary Domain and Anarchy Reigns today. Both pretty cool. I need a mic with better noise reduction; every time something happens in the background the game thinks I'm saying "Fuck" and my partner keeps telling me to stop complaining. I adjusted the noise gate, but then the game couldnt hear the begining of what I'd say and misinterpret me. I finally put it back. I got to an enemy position were the best tactic was to wait. When Bo asked what to do, the game heard itself and thought I told it to charge. That is were I quit.
    Don't bother with the voice recognition. It's easier and quicker to hit LB and choose the response. But if you're determined to power through with the mic, there's a Noise Threshold option to use in the start menu.

Yeah, I kept having everybody shout 'WHAT?! YOU NEED ME?!' through most of the battles, became a little infuriating. Great game though, and a nice idea.

Time to take a break from AssCreed with De Blob 2, which I found at a reasonable price in reasonable condition. I have to say that the lightheartedness of simply jumping around and painting things in open, platformy levels is quite appealing after recent Ubisoft titles that crush your balls if you stray from the well worn dirt path that is their mission expectations. Also this game is colorful and characters speak in silly gibberish.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I've been replaying Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 for the last week or so. I've realized that I haven't actually tried using the blasters at all throughout the years that I have been playing the games.

Played a bit of Tokyo Jungle last night, played as Hyenas. Did alright until I entered an area where a battle royale between a load of pandas and kangaroos was going on, my hyenas got in the way and died. Love this game!

[Level 6: Robot]
    If I had a PS3, that'd be the first thing I'd buy.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I beat XCOM: Enemy Unknown today. Letting a buddy play that while I borrow his copy of Dishonered. Still doing my second play-through of Persona 4 Golden as well.

Also played the first 20 minutes of Dishonored. I think I'll dig it but man I do not care about the story so far. Also I"m sorry little princess whoever the fuck you are but after playing The Walking Dead, I honestly don't care about you. You are no Clementine!

Back on Dragons Dogma, I swapped my annoyingly high voiced ranger pawn for a Sorceror several levels higher than myself. We got into a massive fight against some bandits, we
    were all struggling but my new Sorceror just stood there conjuring up some spell for ages - then suddenly a massive tornado turned up and fucked the bandits up real bad, I now love my new Sorceror!

I got a new video card shortly after Christmas so I can actually play things on PC now! Went from a Radeon HD 4550 to a Radeon HD 7770. Good lord, the difference. Before I could barely run Skyrim on the lowest settings. Now I'm running it on High with a consistently smooth frame rate. Sleeping Dogs is playable on Extreme - choppy, but still playable, dammit.

So yeah, that's what I'm playing now. All the PC games.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Derocher View Post
    It's more of the pinnacle of Eastern European RPGs. In comparison to most games made in the US, it's really buggy, but next to things like Gothic III it's a polished masterpiece.

It's one of my favorite games of all time. It takes a bit to get into the story (especially if you haven't read the books or played the Witcher 1. Read some wikis to get the bullet points).
    I did play through the first Witcher couple of months ago, but not too much of its story stuck with me (probably because it took like a year for me to get through it). I just finished Witcher 2 and...I think I understood 60-70% of what happened. It just keeps on feeding you different names of characters and places, so much that it all blends into this incoherent mess if you aren't 100% invested in the Witcher lore.

All in all, it was okay, but I didn't get into it. I liked Dragon Age 2 better. That's right, I said it.