Page 401 of 518 FirstFirst ... 301 351 391 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 411 451 501 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,020 of 10357

Thread: What games are YOU currently playing?

[Level 5: Mech]
    Just finished playing The Walking Dead for Xbox 360. Obviously a good game, and it hit me right in the feels like I knew it would. Besides that I"m currently playing the hell out of XCOM, and replaying Persona 4 on the Vita.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Dishonored, Retro City Rampage, Hot Shots Golf International, Silent Hill Book of Memories, Walking Dead, Medal of Honor War Fighter, Lollipop Chainsaw and Cod MW3.....

I think those are all that I have started or am party way into thus far into the year :/

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Played roughly an hour of Dragon's Dogma, it's got some awesome ideas in it but I'll need to play it some more to work out if it's worth investing a load of time into it.

I'm finally plowing through Bayonetta. In chapter 6 and it's enjoyable enough. Mostly makes me want to play Ninja Gaiden again though.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I can only play digital games on my 360, so I'm trying to get back to so-so at SF3:3S.

I picked up the first episode of the Walking Dead when it was free and played through it last night. Quite predictably, I'm hooked and will be playing through the rest of the episodes soon.

I also started playing Rayman: Origins with some friends on NYE. What a fantastic fucking platformer. Nintendo should be ashamed at how much better this game is than any of the New Super Mario Bros. titles.

Quote Originally Posted by BadStar View Post
    I also started playing Rayman: Origins with some friends on NYE. What a fantastic fucking platformer. Nintendo should be ashamed at how much better this game is than any of the New Super Mario Bros. titles.
    Amen brother! Preaching to the choir!

Picked up Max Payne 3, which is ironic because Ive maxed out my credit card and my HD, rendering me unable to actually play it. My girl no longer thinks I should be checking out the Steam store when they have sales anymore. I have to agree though, playing through these 15 games should keep me occupied for a while

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed 3, but I'm not sure if I will actually feel like getting all the way to the end of the story. It's still pretty good fun, but I am entirely baffled as to why they though the needed to simplify traversal even more. I would expect that by AC4, you won't even need to hold a button to free run. It's also hilarious that you can turn off the HUD elements (which I did at the beginning of the game to get rid of the obnoxious waypoints detailing every single step of the climb in the opera house), because it's really not feasible to play that game without any of it.

Black Ops II.

Still haven't beaten the campaign. Doubt I ever really will. It's just so boring and those Strike Missions are awful and only serve to pad out the campaign.

Most of the multiplayer maps still suck. Sick to death of playing Drone and Plaza.

Zombies is still an afterthought too. The only thing that makes Call of Duty games worth buying nowadays feels like it was thrown together at the last minute.

Why am I still playing this game?

Still playing Dragon's Dogma, it's rad.

There's something so cool about having your followers distract a huge monster while you climb up to its head and repeatedly smash it's face in.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I'm playing EVE, Dawngaurd, and Max Payne 3.

Put a couple of more hours into Witcher 2. I was surprised to hear that it was released in 2011, the clunky combat/targeting/interface makes it feel a lot older. I've had quite a few glitches and crashes as well, frankly I'm struggling to understand why people hold this as the pinnacle of western RPG's.

All that said, I'm sure I'll warm up to it sooner or later. The first...ten hours has just been a bit mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorilla Gravy View Post
    Black Ops II.

Still haven't beaten the campaign. Doubt I ever really will. It's just so boring and those Strike Missions are awful and only serve to pad out the campaign.

Why am I still playing this game?
    Can't speak to the multiplayer, but fucking thank you. The game struck me as nothing but pretty fucking stupid. I got to the first strike mission and was like fuck this shit.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Jen and I are playing Rock Band Blitz with the iDraw tablet. Works surprisingly well with typewriter controls.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    I've decided that I'm not going to play anything else until I beat Wild Arms, which I bought on the PSN several years ago but never completed. I think I'm about halfway through.

Today I played through Episode 3 of The Walking Dead. Damn, that game really gets to me. Although the episode began kind of un-impressively it really hits you hard about 2/3 of the way through. Not that the rest of it was bad, it just didn't feel like it was it was able to keep the dramatic tension of the previous episodes. It had kind of settled down a bit. But that part later on was probably the biggest so far. The stuff with Lilly was pretty crazy too. Had me wondering if I did the right thing.

I've also been going through Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner at a steady pace. I just got past a boss I was stuck on. One where you have to defeat them, but not destroy them, because the boss is actually an A.I that has taken control of an ally's Frame. That was tricky. But immediately after that they throw you in to the most annoying part I've seen of the game so far. I haven't given it many attempts yet but just the task I have to deal with seems pretty silly to me. It also leaves me pretty confused as to how they could have thought it would have been fun to do when they were creating it.

You have to carry the incapacitated Frame you fought earlier up and out of a really tall chamber while being bombarded with enemies. You're ally is completely defenceless, as are you while you're carrying them. You can't just fly past all the enemies though. At several points the roof of the chamber is blocked and you need to destroy the enemy who holds the "key" that somehow opens the way to you. So not only do you have to look out for yourself, which is hard enough as it is in that game, but you have to defend this annoying waste of space you're dragging around who keeps yelling at you to save them. All while trying to work out which enemy you need to target to be able to progress. Oh, and some of the enemies also have this annoying paralysing attack. And it's on a time limit. Who the hell thought that the combination of all those things would make for an enjoyable experience? The game overall is great, but for fuck's sake, what the hell were they thinking with this level?

I'm also going through Dragon's Dogma. That's a great game too. I've finally managed to get a set or armour that looks decent too. I'd gotten up to almost level 40 before I found anything that actually looked cool, even though I have been seeing other players' pawn with awesome gear for ages. And now, only at level 42 was I able to collect the full Gryphic set. But no matter, it's a really fun game regardless.

Frog Fractions.

Frog Fractions.

FROG FRACTIONS.

Ray of Sunshine
    I fuckin' love Frog Fractions.

It should have been on more GOTY lists. Such a lovely (and educational) experience.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    Quote Originally Posted by Abomination View Post
    Put a couple of more hours into Witcher 2. I was surprised to hear that it was released in 2011, the clunky combat/targeting/interface makes it feel a lot older. I've had quite a few glitches and crashes as well, frankly I'm struggling to understand why people hold this as the pinnacle of western RPG's.

All that said, I'm sure I'll warm up to it sooner or later. The first...ten hours has just been a bit mediocre.
    It's more of the pinnacle of Eastern European RPGs. In comparison to most games made in the US, it's really buggy, but next to things like Gothic III it's a polished masterpiece.

It's one of my favorite games of all time. It takes a bit to get into the story (especially if you haven't read the books or played the Witcher 1. Read some wikis to get the bullet points).