Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Have an arcade near you that doesn't suck?

Quote Originally Posted by shinigamiDude View Post
    Have anyone try Guitar Hero in Arcade? Is it worth using extra credits to play it at Arcade?
    No.

[Level 5: Mech]
    we used to have an arcade called Tokyo Game Action which had Initial D version 4, an entire room of Bemani games, puzzle fighter, mr driller, wangan midnight maximum tune 3, and a bunch of imported japanese cabinets. you payed 25 bucks for unlimited tokens, and could also go bowling and eat home cooked japanese food between games. jpop, techno, and eurobeat played over the sound system the whole time.

the place got flooded and the guy had to sell off all of his machines to try to cover the debt of the ruined building.

Quote Originally Posted by DougCL View Post
    we used to have an arcade called Tokyo Game Action which had Initial D version 4, an entire room of Bemani games, puzzle fighter, mr driller, wangan midnight maximum tune 3, and a bunch of imported japanese cabinets. you payed 25 bucks for unlimited tokens, and could also go bowling and eat home cooked japanese food between games. jpop, techno, and eurobeat played over the sound system the whole time.

the place got flooded and the guy had to sell off all of his machines to try to cover the debt of the ruined building.
    Wow that sucks, that sounds like the most amazing arcade ever. $25 for all you can play import cab's? Sign me the fuck up.

yeah it was like a 2 hour drive and i did it happily. run by this guy and his japanese wife. both were beyond nice, they didnt deserve to get their place ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by shinigamiDude View Post
    Have anyone try Guitar Hero in Arcade? Is it worth using extra credits to play it at Arcade?
    From what has been written on the front page of Dtoid, it's not. Try doing a search for that article.

But if you do ever come across "Guitar Freaks" in an arcade it's TOTALLY worth it. I have one in my nearest Gameworks.

Avoid Oklahoma, everything sucks dick here.
    There really is no gaming community to speak of.

Really, it's laughable.

There's a decent Gameworks here in Seattle (used to be better, I hear) that has some of the newer stuff as well as a nice selection of classics and has Thursday nights 9pm to 12am all you can play for $10. Then there's a Pink Gorilla (formerly Pink Godzilla, you might've seen them at PAX) that just opened in the University District that has 7 or 8 retro cabinets, then there's that 'high-class gaming center' that just opened in Bellevue, 20 minutes away

Gym Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnWindz View Post
    There's a decent Gameworks here in Seattle (used to be better, I hear) that has some of the newer stuff as well as a nice selection of classics and has Thursday nights 9pm to 12am all you can play for $10. Then there's a Pink Gorilla (formerly Pink Godzilla, you might've seen them at PAX) that just opened in the University District that has 7 or 8 retro cabinets, then there's that 'high-class gaming center' that just opened in Bellevue, 20 minutes away
    Pink Gorilla is pure undiluted win, that store makes me wish I lived in the Seattle area.

Quote Originally Posted by Krow View Post
    Pink Gorilla is pure undiluted win, that store makes me wish I lived in the Seattle area.
    Yeah, living here and seeing what a lot of people have to say in this thread, I've come to realize that Seattle has it pretty good.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    I haven't been there in a while but there's a Gameworks in Schaumburg that's fairly awesome. I'll have to go back and check out what they have now.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    There's a really cool penny arcade in Manitu Springs, CO that has everything from back in the day.

Naoto #1 Fan
    I wish. I'd probably have to drive to Columbia or Atlanta to find a decent one.

[Level 2: Human]
    In northern Utah, the best I've been to is the recently opened Fat Cats in The Salomon Center of Ogden. They have a pretty good variety in a great environment, although they lack any decent pinball machines. Which makes me very sad inside.

I hear they also have a location in Salt Lake City, but I haven't been there to check it out yet.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by portastad View Post
    From what has been written on the front page of Dtoid, it's not. Try doing a search for that article.

But if you do ever come across "Guitar Freaks" in an arcade it's TOTALLY worth it. I have one in my nearest Gameworks.
    Thks for pointing out the article Guess I'll just stick to my home to play GH then. ( I won't be able to play the arcade version even if I wanted to but at least I didn't get to feel left out ).

Our arcade only have Guitar Freaks 3rd mix ( Jet World & Space Cowboy are awesome ), I played it even before GH comes out and that's it, they never bother to buy new version of GF or Drum Mania. It's still a blast to play GF and Drum Mania on link play though.

15. 10-26-2009, 12:09 AM
    Reason
    double post from bad connection refreshing :D

[Level 6: Robot]
    There's an awesome barcade in Portland, OR called Ground Kontrol. Awesome games, cheap gin and tonics, and cup holders on EVERY MACHINE! It's dtoid Portland's stomping ground.

That sounds amazing. I need to live somewhere which has something like that.

Wolf Master
    I don't have any really good ones near me, but there is a Gameworks nearby, and a Dave & Busters as well. There's also a place called Howie's Game Shack, which is more of a big LAN center chain than an arcade, but they do have a couple of cabinets there (and table space for board games).

Regardless, I think you all should come visit me. We have three bedrooms that nobody lives in and the weather in Phoenix is amazing during the winter.

Even me?

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Sorry, no hats allowed in casa de Dex.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    The coastal town I used to live in has a strip full of arcades, at least ten of them. Most machines are slots but there's still a far few games in them.

It's been a while since I've been down there though, when I was younger they had some pretty decent games (well, decent in my opinion) like the Fist of The North Star arcade game where you punch six pads that come out at you, or the Zombie Revenge machine, the game that I bought my Dreamcast for.

I might go back and check it out this weekend actually, it's only 20miles away.