Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: E3!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Trine also seems pretty interesting:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXILzS03HCo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgFxIopLANU

A 2D co-op fantasy game where you overcome obstacles and fight monsters as either a Soldier, Wizard, or Thief. Wizards levitate objects and create shapes to crush enemies, soldiers smash and throw boxes. Thieves sling/repel with ropes and jump around.

I don't need a title I AM Disneyworld.
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsax2010 View Post
    I just read Anthony and Ashley Davis's impressions on Scribblenauts. That game, if it lives up to what the developers are promising, has the potential to be very awesome.
    YOU CAN DROP METEORS ON MUMMIES.

This excites me.

Keeper of the Reals
    HOW COULD YOU FORGET DIABLO TECHNO, YOU'RE BANNED FROM DIABLO FANBOYISM

Here's MY list:
    Diablo III
    Prototype
    Mass Effect 2
    Modern Warfare 2
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Golden Sun DS
    Edge of Twilight
    Starcraft 2
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Brink
    Monkey Island SE
    Tales of Monkey Island
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Crysis 2
    Dead Rising 2

I think that's it, for games I can play. Now for games I can't play but I WANT WANT:
    Final Fantasy XIII
    God of War III
    Brutal Legend
    Metroid Other M
    MGS: Peace Walker
    MGS: Rising

Pwnd
    My wants:
    MGS Rising
    NSMB Wii
    Prototype
    Dead Rising 2
    L4D 2
    COD Warfare 2
    Mario Galaxy 2
    Splinter Cell Conviction
    Silent Hill Wii
    Mario and Luigi in King Koopa's stomach
    and that's all I can think of right now.

[Level 6: Robot]
    whatever happened to that South Park game?
    ha

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfee_mcgee View Post
    whatever happened to that South Park game?
    ha
    Say what?

[Level 8: Skynet]
    Things I want:

Old Republic
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Uncharted 2
    Mass Effect 2
    Diablo 3
    The Agency
    Heavy Rain

That's really it? I can probably dig on the new Castlevania. And I kind of dig the PS3 motion control, but I'm sort of fed up with that shit. I'd grab the PSGo if it wasn't 250 dollars (ludicrous). Digital downloading is really the death of me, if I get my hands on a DSi my wallet is fucked.

They could still announce Sly Cooper 4...

I'm psyched about the Monkey Island revival. Not so much about the remake (although I love that game so much I'll probably end up getting it just to see the differences), but I love that they're doing a new chapter, even if it's gonna be episodic. I'm not too hot about the art style, but I'm absolutely ecstatic that Dave Grossman is gonna be behind it. Other than Ron Gilbert actually getting to direct his own sequel, this may be as good as it gets (and he mentioned on his blog he got to spend a few days with the dev team, and he's got a new game of his own coming out as well? did I miss something?)

EDIT: looked it up:
    The elevator pitch for DeathSpank is Monkey Island meets Diablo. All the interesting and complex storytelling and humor of the golden age of adventure games blended with an action RPG. That said, DeathSpank is not a hardcore RPG.
    Holy fucking shit. If that turns out even 1/10 as awesome as "Monkey Island meets Diablo" sounds, I'm gonna need diapers.

Keeper of the Reals
    Holy shit, I had completely forgot about DeathSpank. It was posted about on dtoid like a year ago or more. I WANT.

[Level 1: Fresh Meat] CloneTrooper's Avatar
    E3 has given me a few things to be excited about, Assassins Creed 2 Gameplay footage makes me want to buy it, Crackdown 2 was a lovely surprise, Forza 3 looks gorgeous, Darksiders is still around and has a firm release date and is getting good wraps...

But E3 has bee brilliant for 1 sole reason.

New Monkey Island.

LucasArts have redeemed themselves for alot of the bullshit they've done in recent years by totally remastering Secret of Monkey Island (with Original Voice Cast!) for XBLA...

...AND giving the franchise to Telltale to create Tales of Monkey Island. I loved the Sam & Max Episodes, so I'm damn glad to see that MI will be getting the same treatment.

Now LA...Grim Fandango HD Special Edition plz...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Beatles: Rock Band
    Beatles: Rock Band looked REALLY lame. It's just...Rock Band with characters. Maybe it's just because I'm not really a Beatles guy.

O D S T!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiranio View Post
    HOW COULD YOU FORGET DIABLO TECHNO, YOU'RE BANNED FROM DIABLO FANBOYISM
    I know I know. My brain was in E3 mode and I subconsciously blank out all Blizzard stuff around E3 since they rarely announce anything until blizzcon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    So, so is AC/DC Rock Band, and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith/Metallica.

It just depends on your personal taste, I happen to look at them like they're DLC. For instance, I like AC/DC and Aerosmith so I got their respective games, but I would never pay money for Metallica yet alone a post GH 3 guitar hero game, so that was a deal breaker.

But I'm a big Beatles fan, and a big Rock Band fan, so it just seems pretty awesome to be able to play 45 different Beatles songs.
    I suppose. It just seems weird to release full games for this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by backflip10019 View Post
    O D S T!!!
    I want to be excited for ODST and Reach, but after playing the first three Halo games to death I see the trailers and I just think "meh".

I am REALLY psyched for Beatles: Rock Band. The best band ever combined with the best music game ever? WIN! Harmonix spent two years on this game, and it shows. It's very unique and different from the cookie-cutter band games Guitar Hero has.

I am also excited for ODST. I really didn't like Halo 3 and it seems like Bungie made quite a few improvements. Reach is too far away to be excited for, though.

And of course Modern Warfare 2, the sequel to one of the best games I've ever played. Two years later and I'm still playing CoD4.

Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    I want to be excited for ODST and Reach, but after playing the first three Halo games to death I see the trailers and I just think "meh".
    Well did you watch any of the demos by Joe Staten? Looks sick. Firefight is money and the campaign looks legitimately exciting.

I don't need a title I AM Disneyworld.
    Guys, it's sad. In the course of 24 hours, I've become a Scribblenauts fanboy. The game knows Keyboard Cat. And Longcat and tacgnol apparently, but I don't care as much about them.

Quote Originally Posted by backflip10019 View Post
    Well did you watch any of the demos by Joe Staten? Looks sick. Firefight is money and the campaign looks legitimately exciting.
    I watched the demo during Microsoft's conference where the Rookie found the detonation device on the bridge and then the flashback to the other ODST (Dutch?) and I watched the bridge blow up. Honestly, it looked like...well Halo, but nothing really drew me in. The different visors were kind of cool and the new weapons are alright if you liked the original Halo pistol. Firefight is essentially Horde mode from what I have seen. I just can't find a compelling reason to care after playing through the original trilogy. After you kill hundreds of brutes and covenant, it eventually gets old no matter how much you tweak the weapons.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    I wanked over:

Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Assassins Creed 2
    Crackdown 2
    Uncharted 2: Honour Amongst Thieves
    Mario Galaxy 2
    Rock Band: The Beatles
    New Super Mario Brothers

...and then Splinter Cell: Conviction again

I thought the 360 motion detection thing and the Milo demo looked fucking wank. Did anyone play Totem Ball? Games are horrible without something tactile to interact with. Also, I will bet my left nut that Milo was as scripted as fuck. The PS3 thing looked better.