Page 141 of 274 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 151 191 241 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 5473

Thread: Other Television Series Thread

Pwnd

I have become aware of BBC's Sherlock and it is the best thing ever. Discuss.

[Level 5: Mech]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac Eclipse View Post
    Very late!

Not like it matters with how long it will take before the next season comes out.

THE MR.E BIRD
    It is pretty damn amazing with all that Cumberbatch and Freeman. They should be in everything.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Just watched season two of 'The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret' on netflix. This bit is from the finale. The Will Arnett gold starts about a minute in and lasts until about seven minutes in.
    They did another series?

Shit, we still haven't had that one. Which is weird because I'm pretty sure Channel 4 co-financed it.

It's crap and I like the Jeremy Brett version cos I'm an old fuddy duddy. End of discussion.

It's alright.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevil View Post
    They did another series?

Shit, we still haven't had that one. Which is weird because I'm pretty sure Channel 4 co-financed it.
    Crazy. It apparently aired a year ago here in the States, just now hit netflix.

It's crap and I like the Jeremy Brett version cos I'm an old fuddy duddy. End of discussion.
    I dig newfangled modern Holmes. Haven't gotten around to the second trio of episodes yet, but I dig it.

God damned fuddy duddy.

Honkey Kong
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is fucking amazing. First season was hits and misses for me but second season up to 6 now has been so good.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Yesssss.

Not too long ago there was talk somewhere of a Dtoidesque Robot head appearing in Portlandia, it's the first sketch of the second episode of series 3 as aired recently.

Bye-bye, we love you.
    It's on youtube! It's supposed to be Shufflebot from LMFAO but totally looks more like Mr Dtoid. Toneman was in it too. Weird coincidence, but fun sketch.

THE MR.E BIRD
    Some stuff in that show is eh, but every now and again they have something that makes lose my shit and in the latest episode it was the Spoilers sketch bit. Especially the ending.

I watched Bag of Bones, because I really liked the book and decided to torment myself with the inevitable shitty adaptation of a Stephen King story (bar Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption, obviously).

It wasn't too bad, but Melissa George will always be Angel from Home & Away or the naked dead chick from Dark City for me. Oh, and Pierce Brosnan is a terrible actor. I accept that now.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    I was just a few hours ago thinking about what my favorite Pierce Brosnan movie is, incidentally.

Tossing between The Matador and Ghost Writer.

He's really handsome, at least. (And, I mean, I really like both those flicks, too)

[Level 13: Notifying Niero Now]
    I watched Bag of Bones, because I really liked the book and decided to torment myself with the inevitable shitty adaptation of a Stephen King story (bar Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption, obviously).

It wasn't too bad, but Melissa George will always be Angel from Home & Away or the naked dead chick from Dark City for me. Oh, and Pierce Brosnan is a terrible actor. I accept that now.
    Awww she's so much more than that

The 90's version of the Shining was also WAY better if compared to the book than the Kubrik version.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hansen View Post
    I was just a few hours ago thinking about what my favorite Pierce Brosnan movie is, incidentally.

Tossing between The Matador and Ghost Writer.

He's really handsome, at least. (And, I mean, I really like both those flicks, too)
    I liked him in Serpahim Falls and The Matador, but I always find him a bit of a gamble when he's required to play tortured souls.

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Awww she's so much more than that
    She probably is, but I've never been able to move on. Ha!

It's weird because I was watching Guy Pearce in the Jack Irish adaptations over Christmas, and I missed his turn on Neighbours, so he sort of escapes the soap curse for me.

Also, the Jack Irish serials were really good. I think someone in the Metro newspaper summed them up best, "It's like if Daniel Craig turned up to solve a case in Midsomer Murders". They were nice bits of Aussie noir, and Guy went full "A'right, mate!" with his proper accent. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    The 90's version of the Shining was also WAY better if compared to the book than the Kubrik version.
    Yeah, it's weird seeing the guy from Wings go crazy on his family. King prefers that version, too.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    It's really awesome. They are both in the Hobbit too.

I like the concept of really long episodes and just a few episodes per series. It's the best way to do a miniseries.

THE MR.E BIRD
    I wish more adaptations played around with formats rather than go for a film or series with short episodes. And yeah I picked up on their playing the antagonist(s) and protagonist in the Hobbit ages ago and thought it was cool. They're cool. THEY SHOULD BE IN ALL THINGS.

[Level 8: Skynet]
    There's another modern Holmes show running at the moment called Elementary which I've heard is better than Sherlock.