Page 132 of 271 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 142 182 232 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 5403

Thread: Other Television Series Thread

[Level 6: Robot]
    I fucking love the x files, i watched every episode/film in order last year after my mum got the box set as a gift.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    First two seasons of The X Files are untouchable. I don't believe there's ever been a pilot that's as good as X Marks The Spot. It's perfect TV. After Season 4, the duds usually outweigh the good ones, and its usually the conspiracy stuff that drowns out the stand alones, which is where the show really shined.

I really love Millennium, too. I think it's better than the second half of The X Files, but it's heavy going and nobody gave it much of a chance. Plus the crossover episode was a bit meh. I mean, you have Frank teaming up with Mulder & Scully to wrap up the Millennium series...and it ends up being an episode about zombies.

Yeah, I never felt Scully switching from being the straight sceptic to the believer really worked, but there were some good episodes in the later seasons, just bogged down by tired writing.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I love that I can just put one on in the background thanks to Netflix. I always forget how awesome some of the earlier seasons were. Also makes me remember how freaking scared I was of this show when I was a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzadolphin56 View Post
    Yeah, I never felt Scully switching from being the straight sceptic to the believer really worked, but there were some good episodes in the later seasons, just bogged down by tired writing.
    She believed, but she denied it. They mentioned it around about Season 6 with the psychic kid, and she freaks out because she always kept face in front of Mulder. When she takes over, she does admit to Doggett that she's in full-on believer mode because she's trying to fill the void.

I found the early Scully and Doggett episodes to be pretty old school and great, but then Reyes showed up and spoilt everything with her Mulder-lite bullshit.

Frodo Bangins
    Threw on an episode of young justice for fun. Pretty good so far.

Homeland S2ep6

Eh, that veered dangerously into 24 territory for me, and I hope they wrap up that bullshit with Dana. Easily the worst episode in its entire run so far.

Game of Thrones S1ep8

The second half of this series is way better than the first. It feels a lot more coherent and now that they're focusing on a handful of characters, rather than run across the smorgasboard in 45 minutes, I have a better of reading between the lines. I also love how the show sort of pulls the rug from under the viewer and denies itself certain expectations.

It still looks incredibly cheap with the sets from time to time, but the acting pulls it through. Also, I'm more interested in The Wall than anything else. Its basically a well played horror story set in a fantasy world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    So far, that's what keeps me going. I also like all the constant displays of Shane's alpha maleness.
    Shane's love of wasting ammo was a personal fave. Dude puts half a clip into a log, just to prove a point. Then there's a scene where they're all wondering why they've got no ammo, like it goes on trees or something.

You know they changed writers in the mid-season break because the survivors were suddenly trigger happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gobbldigook View Post
    Threw on an episode of young justice for fun. Pretty good so far.
    I found Young Justice to be not that bad really. A little stupid at times but not bad, however like all halfway decent DC Super Hero shows it's getting cancelled I think. It's Justice League all over again.

Bringer of Truth
    TWD doesn't start until near the end of Season 2 when
    Spoiler!

I recorded Toonami to see if there was any interesting Anime shows I would enjoy. I enjoyed the New Thundercats and Symbiotic Titan a lot those seemed really cool. Also finally got to see Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex. The only one that seems weird is a show called Zero 7. No clue what is about besides people who fight in robots that fly around on surfboards...so you know a typical anime.

Also just finished watching MST3K's The Teenage Strangler.

Yikes Stripe!

Ohhh, I love that one! The little parody skits they did in between for that were one of the few times I really laughed out loud.

[Level 12: CHET]
    American Horror Story Asylum - Jessica Lange is amazing, the scene tonight when Sister Jude is talking about a sad childhood memory...damn.

Quote Originally Posted by space man spiff View Post
    Also just finished watching MST3K's The Teenage Strangler.

Yikes Stripe!
    I love that one just for the diner scene.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Episode 3 and 4

I'm digging the series so far

None of the women can.

Hah or whoever is driving her.

Flicked over to FX and watched about 10 minutes of Asylum.

There was a bit where drunken Jessica Lange was introducing a Cecil B. Demille movie - Cleopatra, I believe - with the lyrics of You'll Never Walk Alone. Then she hugged the small headed person from Freaks (albeit a CGI version), while the dead girl from American Gothic blabbed on about being horny, and Zachary Quinto looked way too clean cut not to be insane to some degree.

It was very weird.

Haha yeah that's AHS alright. I'm surprised a show so not normal like is still on the air and being renewed for a 3rd season. It's not often anything that strays from the grain so much lasts very long, especially lately.

Look at Pushing Daisies, a far cheerier afair, but it was wonderful, colourful and nothing else was like it and it got canned.

THE MR.E BIRD
    It's Monday, so I have three hours of last night's TV to watch. Fuck my life.