Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bionic Commando Hype Thread

Pwnd

Bionic Commando Hype Thread

First off, watch this: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...mmando/17-408/
    Done?
    Good. This looks like Lost Planet, but with more awesome and what looks to be better fluidity (if that makes any sense.)

Watch that video. This was so low on my radar until I realized just how awesome this looks from watching that video.

Bye-bye, we love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiangamer View Post
    First off, watch this: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...mmando/17-408/
    Done?
    Good. This looks like Lost Planet, but with more awesome and what looks to be better fluidity (if that makes any sense.)

Watch that video. This was so low on my radar until I realized just how awesome this looks from watching that video.
    Funny, I remember my brother telling how awesome a 3D Bionic Commando game would be after he first played Lost Planet, long before they announced this game. I'm looking forward to it myself.

3. 04-24-2009, 09:36 PM

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by John Solgrim View Post
    *Still needs to play Lost Planet*
    Actually, I do too. I never actually beat the original Bionic Commando either so, I'll have to get that on XBL Arcade. The coin-op arcade one was hard.

5. 04-24-2009, 09:50 PM

Pwnd
    Then shut yo mouf you unedukate'd foo!
    Seriously, you should play the demo for Lost Planet. It's a ton of fun. I contemplated getting it the other day when I saw it for fifteen bucks, but decided against it because of some reviews I had heard.

7. 04-24-2009, 10:01 PM

Wolf Master
    I totally loved BC:Rearmed on XBLA. I'm the only person I know to have beaten it on Super Hard mode. I am a little hesitant about a 3D one, but I'm looking forward to it.

[Level 6: Robot]
    I'm sold, this shit looks really bad ass.

I especially liked the many different ways you could take on the boss in that video. At first, it kind of seemed that flinging cars at his weak spot for massive damage was the way to go. A little farther on you realize that although that does the most damage you can pretty much hit the motherfucker any way you want to deal damage. This breaks away from the archaic formula of beating a boss in one specific way and actually adapts to each players individual style. One particularly bad ass part of that fight was when the fucking worm flipped him up like 15 stories in the air and he was able to come down and body slam that bitch, and actually got rewarded for doing so. It just seemed like something that completely wasn't intended, but they thought of that too and added it in.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think that if they can keep the controls tight and the gameplay open, this game has the potential to be truly badass!

Keeper of the Reals
    *Still needs to play Lost Planet*
    Actually, I do too. I never actually beat the original Bionic Commando either so, I'll have to get that on XBL Arcade. The coin-op arcade one was hard.
    Same for me.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by CaffeineKnight View Post
    I'm sold, this shit looks really bad ass.

I especially liked the many different ways you could take on the boss in that video. At first, it kind of seemed that flinging cars at his weak spot for massive damage was the way to go. A little farther on you realize that although that does the most damage you can pretty much hit the motherfucker any way you want to deal damage. This breaks away from the archaic formula of beating a boss in one specific way and actually adapts to each players individual style. One particularly bad ass part of that fight was when the fucking worm flipped him up like 15 stories in the air and he was able to come down and body slam that bitch, and actually got rewarded for doing so. It just seemed like something that completely wasn't intended, but they thought of that too and added it in.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think that if they can keep the controls tight and the gameplay open, this game has the potential to be truly badass!
    Yes! And from the look of the way he jumped on that worm, it didn't look like a quick time event. It looked like he had to aim to hit that worm when he was falling. That's awesome. I hate quick time events. I can't wait either. I was sold though on the first level where he just went everywhere. He got shot a lot so he just took off off the side of that building and hid. It's like Spiderman with guns.

Sausage
    This is nothing more that a Spiderman ripoff, seriously look at that shit. Fuck this game it can suck a di...
    kfsnmxlmasd hv dasf
    aav........................

Sorry about that. Some dick was using my computer. Now he is dead. Anyway, I really can't wait to play this game. All I needed to see was the flying dropkick he can pull off. I just hope it won't be a bitch like the 2D one. That game kicked my ass, and is still kicking my ass.

I saw a Tricell billboard. Yeah this game just got kicked into overdrive. Wesker boss fight, for the win.

At first I wasn't intersted. Then I saw what they did to the main character and was turned off to the game.

Then I heard you would be able to use the grappling arm in multiplayer and I was suddenly intersted.

If done right that could be insanely fun.

Sausage
    Quote Originally Posted by zatoseyes View Post
    At first I wasn't intersted. Then I saw what they did to the main character and was turned off to the game.

Then I heard you would be able to use the grappling arm in multiplayer and I was suddenly intersted.

If done right that could be insanely fun.
    On a side note I believe there is actually a way to unlock his original costume from the first game. I don't know if it has anything to do with the XBLA version, but that's where I saw it.

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by lv99ron View Post
    On a side note I believe there is actually a way to unlock his original costume from the first game. I don't know if it has anything to do with the XBLA version, but that's where I saw it.
    You're right, the Capcom rep said that if you had Rearmed on the arcade, it'd unlock that skin. Heck, if you pause the game on Rearmed it shows that option, so I wouldn't worry about the main character's looks. It's kind of grown on me. Did anybody catch the part about the Hydoken robots that actually fire their lasers by doing Hydokens? Friggen' awesome.

Sausage
    You're right, the Capcom rep said that if you had Rearmed on the arcade, it'd unlock that skin. Heck, if you pause the game on Rearmed it shows that option, so I wouldn't worry about the main character's looks. It's kind of grown on me. Did anybody catch the part about the Hydoken robots that actually fire their lasers by doing Hydokens? Friggen' awesome.
    Capcom has a way of adding things from one game to another. Like the Bionic Commando costume in Dead Rising for the Wii. I just wish they would do more. Also I would shit myself if you get a blaster or something for your arm that cnan be charged up and sounds like the mega buster.

[Level 5: Mech]
    I played the demo, and it seemed a bit too arcadey for me. Then again, it might have just been because I could only find two games. Did anyone else have trouble finding rooms?

[Level 5: Mech]
    Mike Patton voices the main character.
    I'm sold.

Sausage
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegah View Post
    I played the demo, and it seemed a bit too arcadey for me. Then again, it might have just been because I could only find two games. Did anyone else have trouble finding rooms?
    WTF DEMO? OH SHIT!!!

Pwnd
    Good gosh, the last level in Bionic Commando: ReArmed is looooong.

Wolf Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Keegah View Post
    It took me awhile to get into a game, yeah. I really think that the demo should have included a tutorial section. I couldn't get a grasp on the swinging mechanic (no pun intended), and I think a single player demo would have worked better than the multiplayer cluster-eff they have.

[Level 4: Cyborg]
    now that i have a good 20 matches under my belt i feel the swing mechanic really is well-implemented.

at first i was like "fuck this. fuuuuck this." zipping was annoying, getting momentum going was a cumbersome affair, and i was only able to swing from one thing before landing on the ground again.

then i learned the indicator on the reticle, the way in which grappling worked. and then i shotgunned a bright yellow commando while swinging full speed, edges of the screen blurred. i then, did a back flip and landed on the building with the PINK sniper. from there i waited. sure enough, the yellow guy came a knocking with the pea-shooter pistol pattering away and i shot him in the heart. another one shows up. gunned down.

5 more came and i took them all down, before another guy who took an ingenious root of swinging around the building to get my backside. i was shotgunned down. who was it? the Yellow Commando. "well played. well played, bitch".

this is when i began to have fun.

from there on out, i stayed away from the ground and just swung for movement, only stopping to precisely aim shots.

this game has as intense of games as call of duty 4 on hardcore mode.

once i get some spare change after getting Prototype, this and Red Faction are on my Must Own list of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter345 View Post
    It took me awhile to get into a game, yeah. I really think that the demo should have included a tutorial section. I couldn't get a grasp on the swinging mechanic (no pun intended), and I think a single player demo would have worked better than the multiplayer cluster-eff they have.
    Getting into matches was a problem for me as well and it seems like the demo lacked host migration too. I had several disconnects while playing a match. There is definitely a learning curve to using the bionic arm and I think a tutorial level where you could just swing around freely would have been helpful, rather than having to figure it out while playing a match. And the map they chose for the demo is pretty bad. It's too dark in my opinion and while there are lots of things to swing on, I am sure there are probably better maps that could have highlight the swinging mechanic.

After playing the demo, I am on the fence. The multiplayer has potential, but it seems like there could be some issues and the single player could be hit or miss too.