Page 477 of 500 FirstFirst ... 377 427 467 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 487 ... LastLast
Results 9,521 to 9,540 of 9990

Thread: Expressing Joy

That's not a knife...
    Did you know this person at all?

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by ProlificDream View Post
    I added glowie on fb not too long ago. She also questioned me :P
    She never accepted my friend request, so I just deleted it. :/

That's not a knife...
    Well now it's awkward.

Pwnd
    iknorite

Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    I've never been given chocolates or flowers in my life. Maybe I'll get the latter sometime before I die.
    Of course you will.

Pwnd
    Everybody gets them after. It's something to look forward to!

[Level 12: CHET]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Hatman View Post
    Did you know this person at all?
    Yup it was a friend I haven't seen since start of the year & was good mate when i was going through bad times/break up, popped around for some drinks before Christmas break.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    She never accepted my friend request, so I just deleted it. :/
    Dammit Shane I haven't been on FB properly all day cos was busy ;_;

Pwnd
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowBear View Post
    Dammit Shane I haven't been on FB properly all day cos was busy ;_;
    I was just teasing you lol. I didn't really delete anything.

Also, I don't act quite so diabolical on Facebook, just in case you're wondering -- you know, that site is a little closer to reality than what we have here. :3
    Last edited by Sir Legendhead; 12-15-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Frodo Bangins
    things seem to be going well with the lady.
    they got a little more coupley the other night, like holding hands in public or whatever and cuddling on the couch with her roommates there. I'm still just going to roll with it and see what happens, but at this point I like where it's headed.

also we were walking to a bar and just kinda stopped and made out on the streets... I usually hate people who do that. but it was fun, I felt like a horny kid again who didn't give a fuck.

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    D'aw so cute! Glad you are feeling good about this. It's great being with someone you have that chemistry with.

King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gobbldigook View Post
    things seem to be going well with the lady.
    they got a little more coupley the other night, like holding hands in public or whatever and cuddling on the couch with her roommates there. I'm still just going to roll with it and see what happens, but at this point I like where it's headed.

also we were walking to a bar and just kinda stopped and made out on the streets... I usually hate people who do that. but it was fun, I felt like a horny kid again who didn't give a fuck.
    That is some awesome stuff!

So my Fiance showed me something one of the people he talks to online said. It was the most adorable thing ever. He basically said that he didn't care much about her planning most of the wedding because his goal was to make his best friend happy and all he cared about was the open bar and having his friends there. It's kind of nice to see guys like that out there.

The kind of guys that only care about their friends and free flowing beer and not anything else that goes on around them?

Bringer of Truth
    So I've been working my ass off and at work 12+ hour days taking a craps class (with 7 to 10 hour shifts on top of the 4 hour class) and it's been stressful, but is finally paying off.

For one I'm done with craps class tomorrow and I think I actually know the game pretty well. I've been on a live game a few times which is nerve wracking, but a fun game after you get past the tricky stuff.

The other thing is our toke rate (the hourly wage of our tips, which is where 90% of my money comes from) this check was higher than it ever has been. The previous record was our LAST check, and it looks like the next one is going to be even higher.

My flat hourly wage is $4.75, but my hourly rate for tips this check is fucking $15.98 and I worked 78 hours. So this check I'm making $20.73 an hour and it's looking like the toke rate for our next check is probably going to be closer to $17 or $18...

Still can't believe how fortunate I am, considering a year ago I was wrapping up dealer school to MAYBE get this job, and initially I was only working 16 hours a week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a BUNCH of alcohol to go purchase.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    Congrats CB, I'm glad to hear that things are working out for you.

I had a really nice moment happen to me yesterday after work. I take the bus everyday, and this guy that I see everyday at the busstop came up to me and wished me a happy holiday. He acknowledged that we don't know each other and that he's not good at meeting new people (neither am I), but just felt like being friendly and wishing me a happy holiday. It was just a really nice moment that I think will stick with me for a long time.

He's nice to you at the bus stop yesterday and then you drive to work today. What kind of message are you sending to this poor man? You're so mean, Puppy.

So mean.

I'd like to explain that my creepy level of knowledge of Puppy's transportation habits is only because I happened to see it on twitter this morning. I'm not, like, in love with him or anything.

[Level 10: Lobster Milkshake]
    That's okay, ZP. You can obsessively stalk me any day. I decided to drive to work today because there's a chance that I might be able to leave early and I don't want to have to wait for the bus if that happens. Plus, I knew that traffic would be really light today and that parking opportunities would be better, which they were.

Totally fine with skeezers
    I get almost 2 full weeks off work. Paid. This is gonna be nice.

Also, I lost about 30 lbs. this year. Almost down to 200. wooo

Jen and I have a busy week and with folks going away we did our gifts early yesterday.

She made me cry. She gave me a huge box with a note on the front expressing how she felt about me, from some of the early times we met or talked to when I rushed off to Blackpool to meet her, she even mentions it was the launch week of Diablo and surprised I would've missed the first few days of that to go see what would become what we have now, especially how shy and nervous we both were and I hadn't left my home for a long time due to depression and anxiety. That made me smile.

What made me cry was the frame inside the box. In the centre are two cinema tickets to The Avengers, which is one of the first things we did on our first day together, surrounded by pictures of us together. What really hit home was the extra pictures my Mom had printed, some with my parents, one with my Uncle Lump and the rarest of all as my brother hates having his picture taken, me with my arms round my sister and brother, all laughing and looking incredibly joyous.

It felt like a mark as to how far I've come. Suffered heavily for a long time early this year but still managed to fall in love with the loveliest lady I could ever wish to meet and that I still have my family, after I came (fighting tears to type this) very close to removing myself from any future pictures with my friends and family.

Two of the pics have me wearing a Destructoid shirt, so it's also representative of my coming to this site and how much that has helped me too.

She's a darling and I know she reads my posts (too scared to join though), so I'd just like to say I love you Jen, for everything that's happened and for becoming the greatest factor in my life.

That's awesome Edd, glad you're happy dude!

But why she scared to join? We iz lovely.