Thread: Hello from Hungary!

Hello from Hungary!

Hi everyone there!

After the 2nd series of panic attacks and deep depression, my doctor
    recommended me to join a community of gamers, so here I am.
    I'm a 30+ years old guy from Hungary, who loves videogames since kindergarden...

My videogames "career" is began when I was 5 years old, and my father brought a
    Philips "cartridge" gaming system with Pac-Man and Galaxians. Later played C-64, then
    Amiga 500 and then PC. (meanwhile PS1-PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, PS3)

My favorite games are:
    All-time: Pirates!, Elite, Laser Squad, Archon, Midwinter, Metal Gear Solid 1 & 3, Final Fantasy 7-8-9,
    Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Silent Hill 1-2, Killzone, Ico, GTA, Burnout, Soul Calibur 2, Quake 1 & 3, Doom,
    Warcrafts, Starcrafts, WoW (vanilla, BC, WotLK), Half-Lifes, Thiefs, Diablo 1-2 , Grim Fandango,
    Battlefields, CoD 4, Monkey Islands, Day of the Tentacle, Carmageddon 1-2, Populouses, Dungeon Keepers,
    Theme Hospital, Worms, Heroes of Might & Magic 2-3, Dark Omen, Baldur's Gate 2, Icewind Dale, Elder Scrolls,
    X-Com, Neverwinter Nights 1-2, Fable 1, Total War series, Black & White, Age of Empires 2, Railroad Tycoon,
    Sim City 3-4, Dawn of War, GalCiv 2, Age of Wonders 2, Imperium Galactica 2, Magic the Gathering,
    Guild Wars 1-2, Fallouts, Dragon Age 1, Mass Effects, Rift, Batmans (Rocksteady), Minecraft,
    Company of Heroes 1, Civilization (all)...

I like to listen to rock/metal/thrash music, but I like acoustic/classical music too.
    (and some hip-hop, pop, electronic musics)
    My favs are: Korn, Annihilator, System of a Down, Dream Theater,
    Alice in Chains, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Machinae Supremacy, Slipknot, Circus Maximus, Vanden Plas,
    Biffy Clyro, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Killswitch Engage ....
    I played bass guitar in a thrash metal band, when I was ~20 years old. Now I'm learning fingerstyle
    acoustic guitar play.

My favorite author is Stephen King. But I like fantasy and historical books too.

I like sitcoms (Big Bang Theory, Friends, Two and a Half-Men...) and other series (Big C, Californication,
    Game of Thrones, Weeds, Walking Dead, Shameless, Black Viper, Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park...).

My favorite movies are: The Shawshank Redemption, The Last Mohican, Braveheart, Matrix, Star Wars 4-5-6,
    Indiana Jones 1-3, Pulp Fiction, Batman new trilogy, Lord of the Rings, Fight Club, Forrest Gump, Se7en, Léon,
    Terminator 2, Alien 1-2, The Shining, Intouchables, Django Unchained,
    Gladiator, The Green Mile, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Adams Aebler, De gronne slagtere,
    Blinkende lygter, The Sixth Sense, Inglourious Basterds, Heat, The Big Lebowski,
    Life of Brian, Die Hard trilogy, Snatch, Lock Stock..., Pirates of the Caribbean....
    and ofcourse I like animations, like Wall-E, Toy Story, older Disneys, How to Train Your Dragon...

Currently playing: Rift, Civ 5 BNW, GW2, TW Rome 2, Terraria, trying Solforge,
    Prime World, Europe Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2...

I'm unemployed, so I play online poker
    I started to learn Unity. I have some game ideas, hope to make one or two soon...

Thx for reading it!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    That's one fine intro, mr hungryman.

Dealing with depression is never easy, I will go around and say "hey yeah, I know how you feel" and stuff, but I do hope you find a way to overcome it. And if the Dtoid forums can help you with that, damn, that would be pretty awesome.

The guys down here can be a bit acid at times, but it's all in good sport, so take a sit, hit the bar and have fun.

Welcome to the forums, good sir.

Old Lion
    Welcome!
    Enjoy your time in the Destructoid Forums.
    Be active and make acquaintance with your fellows, because even when you think you've left, you'll still be here. No one leaves here. You may think you're out and about on the town, but no. You're still here, and you'll always be here. Forever.

Thank you guys for the kind welcome!