Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Kings Cup

  1. #1
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    Bec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    AUS
    Posts
    1,559

    Kings Cup

    Im planning a party. i want to play kings. I want everyone to get drunk and eventually naked. Help me think of good rules?
    I want every number to have a rule, as well as every suit, just to make it extra dangerous.

    What are your best kings rules DTOID?
    Ok go go go!

    ^_^

  2. #2
    Ray of Sunshine
    Changston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,437
    Not my rule, but one that was someone's at MAGfest (either Bloodspray's or Cataract's or someone else): Every time you use a profanity, you have to say that you're sorry or you take a drink. I like that one a lot.

  3. #3
    Bringer of Truth
    ClownBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    15,910
    I like that one A LOT Changston, nice!

  4. #4
    Beard Master Ali D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    12,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Im planning a party. i want to play kings. I want everyone to get drunk and eventually naked. Help me think of good rules?
    I want every number to have a rule, as well as every suit, just to make it extra dangerous.

    What are your best kings rules DTOID?
    Ok go go go!

    ^_^
    Easy rule. Bec asks me to get naked. I get naked. I got the hang of it pretty quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Changston View Post
    Not my rule, but one that was someone's at MAGfest (either Bloodspray's or Cataract's or someone else): Every time you use a profanity, you have to say that you're sorry or you take a drink. I like that one a lot.
    I'd be fucked in like five minutes.

  5. #5
    [Level 2: Human] TheEvilV13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    32
    We all have that loud friend right? Everytime they go above normal voice level. drink.

  6. #6
    Frodo Bangins
    Mr. Gobbldigook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,478
    I always liked the one we used to do which was after you say something you need to click your tongue three times.

  7. #7
    Totally fine with skeezers
    bbrigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nebulon 9: Shitfinity Quadrant
    Posts
    8,970
    -Can't show your teeth (very hard)
    -No drink, drank or drunk (can't say those words)
    -Thumb master/chin master/forehead master
    -Every time I play a card you have to give me a compliment
    -You can't look directly at the person you are addressing
    -Every time you speak you have to sing whatever you say (personal favorite)
    -The Clay Davis rule. Every time you talk, you have to finish by saying "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiit" We use that one more than any other. But we play Presidents & Assholes, which is a far superior game.



    I like drinking.

  8. #8
    Ray of Sunshine
    Changston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    6,437
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
    -The Clay Davis rule. Every time you talk, you have to finish by saying "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiit" We use that one more than any other. But we play Presidents & Assholes, which is a far superior game.



    I like drinking.
    ahahahahahhhhahahahahahah

    Instead of waterfalls, you have sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiterfalls. You can't let go of the vowel until the person before you does.

  9. #9
    King of Ties 'n' Gifs 'n' Shit
    Mix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    5,210
    If you point your finger at someone you have to drink.

    Everyone points soooo much especially when someone breaks a rule, they usually get pointed at a few times!

  10. #10
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    Gilthalas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BedfordSHIRE, UK
    Posts
    2,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post
    If you point your finger at someone you have to drink.

    Everyone points soooo much especially when someone breaks a rule, they usually get pointed at a few times!
    That's always a good one.

    I'd try to keep it simple. Everyone gets turned off by a game when there are too many things going on and eventually, no one bothers keeping track as a result.

  11. #11
    Bringer of Truth
    ClownBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    15,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post
    If you point your finger at someone you have to drink.

    Everyone points soooo much especially when someone breaks a rule, they usually get pointed at a few times!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthalas View Post
    That's always a good one.

    I'd try to keep it simple. Everyone gets turned off by a game when there are too many things going on and eventually, no one bothers keeping track as a result.
    The pointing one is particularly good when playing with strangers, because it forces people to learn each other's names.

    Also, I agree with keeping it pretty simple. Not too many rules, because then it turns into everybody basically looking over a list of rules the entire game.

    Pick the best 5 or 6 basic rules and rock them.

  12. #12
    Totally fine with skeezers
    bbrigg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nebulon 9: Shitfinity Quadrant
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Mix View Post
    If you point your finger at someone you have to drink.

    Everyone points soooo much especially when someone breaks a rule, they usually get pointed at a few times!
    I'm usually the one who says "You pointed" while I'm pointing at them.

  13. #13
    [Level 7: Sentinel]
    Bec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    AUS
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
    -Can't show your teeth (very hard)
    -No drink, drank or drunk (can't say those words)
    -Thumb master/chin master/forehead master
    -Every time I play a card you have to give me a compliment
    -You can't look directly at the person you are addressing
    -Every time you speak you have to sing whatever you say (personal favorite)
    -The Clay Davis rule. Every time you talk, you have to finish by saying "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiit" We use that one more than any other. But we play Presidents & Assholes, which is a far superior game.



    I like drinking.

    oo ive never heard of the no showing teeth one, i like it!

    haha you cant just demand people take their clothes off. they get cranky. gotta get the niiic4e and drunk first

  14. #14
    Recap King
    Starkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    1,968
    mmm... my personal favorite is "Everyone, including yourself must be referred to in the third person"

  15. #15
    FKA The Mad March Harris
    Harris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,435
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
    -Can't show your teeth (very hard)
    -No drink, drank or drunk (can't say those words)
    -Thumb master/chin master/forehead master
    -Every time I play a card you have to give me a compliment
    -You can't look directly at the person you are addressing
    -Every time you speak you have to sing whatever you say (personal favorite)
    -The Clay Davis rule. Every time you talk, you have to finish by saying "Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiit" We use that one more than any other. But we play Presidents & Assholes, which is a far superior game.



    I like drinking.
    You and I play the same level of King's Cup, good sir.

    No names (nicknames included) is good. It's especially amusing if someone is dickish enough to include no eye contact as well since it gets really hard to address people.
    "English only" was good at my parties but unless you're playing with lots of ESLs or use slang that is a clusterfuck of languages it might not be the most useful.

  16. #16
    Bringer of Truth
    ClownBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    15,910
    Here's a funny one I just thought of;


    Prepositions Are Not to End Sentences With

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •