Page 346 of 435 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 356 396 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 8697

Thread: Mass Affection (Mass Effect Series)

Pwnd
    Maybe they compensate with sonar? Idk. Myself, I wonder why that one chose to serve drinks.

Beast Master
    I assumed the artist chose not to give them free will in their playthrough. What a dick move.

TIM is The Smoking Man of Mass Effect, why wouldn't he end up with a similar end?

Anyway, I will be surprised and disappointed if there aren't some key departures from Bioware and a new studio formed as a result of all these nonsense. No one should have to get fucked two ways by the publisher and a rabid, diseased sector of their own fanbase. Could you imagine if this had happened to something like Metal Gear Solid 2? We would have never seen the brilliance that was MGS3 or even some of MGS4's finest moments if MGS2's haters were calling the shots.

The Smoking Man died because the cave he was living in got shot with rockets from an attack helicopter.
    This makes me so much better than Gyrael.

[Level 6: Robot]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Legendhead View Post
    Maybe they compensate with sonar? Idk. Myself, I wonder why that one chose to serve drinks.
    I do happen to specifically remember Legion talking about collectively sharing perception amongst themselves like hive mind design usually goes, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Bloodspray View Post
    The Smoking Man died because the cave he was living in got shot with rockets from an attack helicopter.
    I was referring more to the fact that he was a strong man that became a nut controlled by the machinations of another force, he lost himself like Illusive Man was implied to well before his appearance in Shepard's little indoctrination fever dream thingy. I guess the only difference is Mass Effect closed just as TIM outlived his usefulness to the story, with X-Files they dragged on the remnants of a completed story for a few more seasons and then TSM became a nut right at the end.

Though I did like the last two seasons, they were kind of like the first two just without so much Mulder and Scully.

Both TIM and TSM started out with good intentions, but ended up using others to their own ends, thought they could control the game and ended up being another pawn on the chess board. I don't know how the real TIM will die, if at all, but he's already lost so it doesn't really matter how he dies. There's really nothing left to do with him but kill him since Cerberus is decimated by the end of the game.

[Level 11: Spinal Tap]
    Quote Originally Posted by Triplzer0 View Post
    Spoiler!
    Yeah, that was dropped, along with:

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by The Silent Protagonist View Post
    I was referring more to the fact that he was a strong man that became a nut controlled by the machinations of another force, he lost himself like Illusive Man was implied to well before his appearance in Shepard's little indoctrination fever dream thingy. I guess the only difference is Mass Effect closed just as TIM outlived his usefulness to the story, with X-Files they dragged on the remnants of a completed story for a few more seasons and then TSM became a nut right at the end.

Though I did like the last two seasons, they were kind of like the first two just without so much Mulder and Scully.

Both TIM and TSM started out with good intentions, but ended up using others to their own ends, thought they could control the game and ended up being another pawn on the chess board. I don't know how the real TIM will die, if at all, but he's already lost so it doesn't really matter how he dies. There's really nothing left to do with him but kill him since Cerberus is decimated by the end of the game.
    Well, actually, it turned out that The Syndicate were the good guys. They were buying time to get a black oil vaccine working before the invasion. That's when Mulder realises why he's been a thorn in their side for years - he was screwing everything up. They did awful things, but there was no more time left.

TIM's goals were purely selfish, compared to CSM's. Both were ruthless, did anything to get the job done, but ultimately, the end results were completely different.

The Syndicate were kind of good guys, but the allied with the invaders at first thinking they'd be spared, which put them at odds with the faceless rebels who would just wipe out anything that benefited or appears to be allied with the enemy. Then Dana's baby became important and blah, blah blah.

Kind of a shame Carter is still fighting to get the last movie made so the story can be complete. The invasion was supposed to be Dec 21st 2012.

Then again, Fox was dumb enough to put it up against The Dark Knight's opening weekend and the X-Files movie - while OK - didn't do much to move the plot forward and went with a stand-alone movie. It was interesting, but still felt like an episode.

Anyway, enough of that derail.

Beast Master
    Played a couple matches with Chang and one of his friends tonight, and we bested a silver match no thanks to a loofah sponge. This is a big deal since I usually only play bronze.

And between my last two sessions of playing I killed over three hundred enemies, so maybe that five thousand won't take quite forever like I thought it would, if I keep at the multiplayer.

Pwnd
    Man, I wanted to send Chang an invite today but I'm still obsessed with single player. Did you know that the scene where you punch the reporter has four possible outcomes? I've been doing stuff like that, just reloading saves to see how many options each thing gives you.

Plus Insanity is fucking glorious. You actually have to get tactical with it just to survive. It's not like the default setting, where you can just randomly wander into a room and start shooting. You have to play it almost like a turn based RPG, lining moves up with the power wheel and whatnot.

A good understanding of the chokepoint concept is key as well. There have been several times where the only way I was able to clear an area was by simply placing my squad in the right spot. Once enemies flank you, you're basically fucked. Yet if you get them coming through a spot with your people on each side of the doorway, you can go around behind them and straight up mow them all down. This is really one of the best squad-based/tactical shooters I've played.

Beast Master
    Yeah, anybody that's played games with me knows that I'm not all that great at 'em, but I truly believe that Insanity is the only way to really play the Mass Effect games. It makes you take your time, makes you think. I've said numerous times how I was rolling with all soldiers unless another character was forced on me, so it wasn't in the prep for a mission that I thought things out tactically, but in the heat of the firefights. What I'm getting at is that it makes you think, but it's balanced to not be unfair regardless of how you choose to play the game. It's not "cheap", just "smart".

And I goofed on that reporter scene. I went to punch her, no problem. I wasn't expecting her to dodge and counter. I was only holding the controller with my right hand so I wasn't prepared to quickly hit the left trigger and counter her counter, so instead my Shep kinda stumbled and fell while he dodged her blow. EMBARRASSING. Didn't reload though, let it ride like that.

Pwnd
    Yeah, I usually prefer speciality characters like Tali and EDI, but Vega in particular is so good at killing that he's almost always on my team. I don't think I've ever had to revive him. I'm playing as a Soldier myself, so the two of us do pretty well with Liara along for crowd control.

And you can actually turn that reporter into an asset. If you let the renegade interrupt pass and take the paragon one after it, Shep wins her over to your side and she starts helping you in the war effort. She's only worth like ten points or something but it's still cool that they thought of that.

You don't have to renegade that woman at all. If you stay quiet and then hit Paragon, you get the same effect. A nice hug.

I got my first Gold on the Multiplayer. Firebase Ghost seems easy once you realise you can to the furthest left side and hunker down behind the consoles. Well, okay, not easy, but that part of the map seems more inclined to give you the advantage through cover and crossfire. Shame none of the other maps are like that.

I'll play Insanity, soon enough. I just want the "5000" kills thing before that. I'm on 3000, so after another 500, I'll play Insanity and make up for the rest...this time Barla Von won't have his pudgy head blown off and I can get the last two ship models.

Pwnd
    Barla Von can get killed? Weird. I don't even see how that could happen...

I like how he still talks about the Shadow Broker exactly like he did in part one. It reminds the player that no one on the outside knows anything about the original having been replaced. When I got to the end of his side quest, he was all like, "and here's your fee...from the Shadow Broker!" Like he has a mental image of this nebulous criminal mastermind, in the depths of unknown space, with his mysterious agenda and the worlds in his hand, etc...

Meanwhile, the Shadow Broker! is having a conversation with her father in a cafe right down the hall. Like, a few hundred yards away. This amuses me greatly.

Yeah, if you don't get back to him with news that you rescued his merc group, before the Citadel attack, there's a shotgun blast in the wall behind his chair. I presumed the woman at Purgatory died, too; since I had the stuff she wanted but she wasn't around. It's annoying, with Barla Von, because his name stays on the map if he died, meaning that I kept wasting time to see if he did survive. He never comes back, though. He's dead as dead can be.

I didn't mind that you had to do everything before each priority mission, because Shep was on a schedule, but the journal was so vague (you never could remember if you picked up the item, or know if the location was unlocked) and the way it sprung that "do everything or lose out with the big set-pieces" gameplay on you...well, got real old real fast. I don't want to pay for a mistake when I didn't know the rules. I had to make up the numbers through promoting two N7 operatives, in the end. Got the Master & Commander achievement, anyway.

Pwnd
    The wiki says he's still alive after that. He's just in a different spot.

If completing after Priority: Tuchanka, Barla Von is no longer behind the bank desk. Instead, he is standing off to the right side - still able to complete.
    As far as the journal, I haven't had a problem with it myself. I noticed tonight that the wording varies slightly in the descriptions. Like sometimes they'll say, "you've retrieved this, now take it here", or some other times it's more like "you need to retrieve this so you can take it here". The difference is so subtle that I'm not sure if it's intentionally designed to change depending on progress, or if they're worded differently to begin with.

But yeah, at least I knew to stop the Tuchanka bomb on this playthrough. My first time through, I assumed I could just get around to it whenever...NOPE. Ha!

Nah, that guy is another banker, one that gives you rep for supporting him. Trust me, I've clicked on him a dozen times to talk about the mercs and nothing happens. There's also another Volus on the right, and he's asking for a scanning item. Barla Von says that once you give him what he needs, he's taking the money and plans to run away. So, basically, he's gone after Pavalen/Citadel, no matter what you do.

That said, I could have just encountered a glitch. I wouldn't be suprised, considering that the Miranda email is supposedly broken, too.

Also, I'm still amazed the Mass Effect wiki has failed to notice that the comms guy on Earth is the Requistions Offcer from ME1. Same half-goatee, same hat. Somebody get on that shit.

Badge for people who've been on the podcast, I presume.

Got stuck on Eden Prime last night on my renegade playthrough. The game keeps crashing after the first pod opening video. Ran it 3 times last night before I gave up and just dicked around in space instead. Gonna give it one more try tonight and if won't work then Javik can just stay frozen.

Just delete and re-download the DLC. Clear the cache to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurain View Post
    What the hell is Secret Moon Base badge.
    For being on the Secret Moon Base podcast. They've made it to 10 episodes.