Page 1 of 435 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Affection (Mass Effect Series)

[Level 5: Mech]

Mass Affection (Mass Effect Series)

I wish I have. :[ Sadly, it seems everyone is focused on the new KOTOR MMO game coming out. WHile I enjoyed KOTOR more than Mass Effect, I would rather have a true sequel, not a damn MMO... HOW LONG IS BIOWARE GOING TO LEAVE US ON A CLIFFHANGER?!
    Last edited by Zodiac Eclipse; 01-28-2010 at 12:35 PM.

[Level 2: Human]

Any news on Mass Effect 2?

The original Mass Effect is one of my top 5 favorites and its been over a year since it was released. I havent even heard a peep about the second other than it uses your character from the first game. Any one heard any news?

ART GOD
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMonk4Ever
    I wish I have. :[ Sadly, it seems everyone is focused on the new KOTOR MMO game coming out. WHile I enjoyed KOTOR more than Mass Effect, I would rather have a true sequel, not a damn MMO... HOW LONG IS BIOWARE GOING TO LEAVE US ON A CLIFFHANGER?!
    I'm actually playing throught the first KOTOR again now. I'd love Bioware to make a similar game based somewhere during the original trilogy timeline. Slaughtering Sith soldiers is all well and good, but I'd go for stormtroopers over them anyday.

As for a Mass Effect 2, I still haven't played the first one yet, but it looks awesome, despite the mixed reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    I'm actually playing throught the first KOTOR again now. I'd love Bioware to make a similar game based somewhere during the original trilogy timeline. Slaughtering Sith soldiers is all well and good, but I'd go for stormtroopers over them anyday.

As for a Mass Effect 2, I still haven't played the first one yet, but it looks awesome, despite the mixed reception.
    If you love KOTOR you should definitely make time to play Mass Effect. KOTOR was probably my favorite RPG until Mass Effect came along. The story in Mass Effect is incredible and the universe is just as interesting. The character upgrade system is one of the better that ive encountered, even if the gunplay can feel a little clunky at times.

Ah yes, the original KOTOR, a classic game. I don't know how many times I played through both the first and second one. I just wish they would make a true sequel tp it so we don't have to be on a cliffhanger anymore.

If your a fan of KOTOR Mikey you need to get Mass Effect. It's easily one of my all time favorites.

I'm also pretty excited for the KOTOR MMO. I don't understand all the hate; there is barely any info released on how the game will play.[/quote]

I am not trying to say bad things about it, it's just usually when they make a MMO about something, there is generally some to no story on it. The story is what drew me into KOTOR sooo much. That, and I am not an MMO person. :P

[Level 12: CHET]

If your a fan of KOTOR Mikey you need to get Mass Effect. It's easily one of my all time favorites.

I'm also pretty excited for the KOTOR MMO. I don't understand all the hate; there is barely any info released on how the game will play.

ART GOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spectre

I'm also pretty excited for the KOTOR MMO. I don't understand all the hate; there is barely any info released on how the game will play.
    I am not trying to say bad things about it, it's just usually when they make a MMO about something, there is generally some to no story on it. The story is what drew me into KOTOR sooo much. That, and I am not an MMO person. :P
    Yeah a good few MMOs have little to no storyline, but I think the reason for that is that it's up to the player to create the story themselves. But yeah, it can make them feel a little empty at times.

[Level 8: Skynet]

A KOTOR-like game based somewhere during the original trilogy would be orgasmic.

For what it's worth, the Mass Effect tie-in novels are enjoyable and written by the games' head writer - Drew Karpyshyn. The first is a prequel to the original game and the recently published second takes place between Mass Effect 1 and 2. Might help to keep you going

[Level 12: CHET]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spectre

Yeah a good few MMOs have little to no storyline, but I think the reason for that is that it's up to the player to create the story themselves. But yeah, it can make them feel a little empty at times.
    Yeah that's pretty much what the guys over at BioWare are saying. I guess story is going to be a huge part of The Old Republic, more so than in any other MMO. Hopefully they figure it out because I need a good MMO to play. I'm not a fan of any that are out right now.

Mass Effect is definitely worth the play. Even if it's just for this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eeruIZ0T44

As for the MMO, I would personally love to play a well done StarWars MMO. Galaxy burned me BAD.

But yes, story is such a huge part of BioWare games, it would be interesting to see how they implement a deep rooted storyline to an MMO. I play WoW once in a while, and one thing I don't like about it is how the story is so secondary to the whole experience and almost has no bearing at times to all the tasks at hand.

Beast Master
    Mass Effect 2 is on the horizon, and I'm bumping this shit instead of making a new thread.

The EA store sent me a 25% off coupon, and they have free shipping on pre-orders so I just ordered the Mass Effect 2 special edition.

Reading that article on the front page about it being split on two discs makes me wonder where they're going to split it. The original was pretty open after the first few hours, allowing you do go where you wanted, when you wanted. I wonder if this "suicide mission" is in another galaxy, or maybe on a large planet/ship that you'll be stuck on for the second half of the game?
    Last edited by ZombiePlatypus; 11-11-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: "Bumbing this shit"? Really 2009 ZP? REALLY?!

[Level 7: Sentinel]
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePlatypus View Post
    Reading that article on the front page about it being split on two discs makes me wonder where they're going to split it. The original was pretty open after the first few hours, allowing you do go where you wanted, when you wanted. I wonder if this "suicide mission" is in another galaxy, or maybe on a large planet/ship that you'll be stuck on for the second half of the game?
    I was wondering this myself.

The fact that publishers are restricted from forcing mandatory installs clearly gimps the development cycle. If content spills over a single disc, they can allow for an install, but they have to develop a way from conveniently switching from one disc to the next. Depending on how much additional space is required, there either needs to be a radical shift in so that the previous locations (stored on disc 1) are no longer accessible, or have assets be copied on both discs, limiting the amount of additional storage on that second disc.

This is precisely the reason I abhor the Xbox Arcade and/or Microsoft's stance on installs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Spectre View Post

It's a subscription-based MMO; not all people want to invest money to have the chance to invest potentially endless time sink in a medium that has yet to deliver a powerful story comparable to traditional RPGs. Despite Bioware's claims, I am not at all interested in their MMO story.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Arttemis View Post
    This is precisely the reason I abhor the Xbox Arcade and/or Microsoft's stance on installs.
    I was a bit shocked when I first heard that the 360 wouldn't have a harddrive on every unit. Who wants to bother with memory cards on a console after having a harddrive? The harddrive was one of the many reasons I loved the original Xbox. Between install issues like you mentioned and nonsense like the size caps on XBLA games, I'm hoping MS fixes this whenever they launch their next-gen console.

I approve of this thread although I expect spoilers to have a massive
    [SPOILER****]info about game which I would prefer to know when playing[/SPOILER****]

Just out of curiosity, has anyone played that Jacob's Story thing for the iPhone? Apparently it might be a more important part of ME2's plot than I was led to believe.

Beast Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Hopefully the sequel will actually have a real story.
    There was a story Gatsby, c'mon...

Quote Originally Posted by AfroWalrus View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone played that Jacob's Story thing for the iPhone? Apparently it might be a more important part of ME2's plot than I was led to believe.
    If I had an iPhone/iPod Touch I'd have definitely played it, unfortunately I don't. When it came out I was kinda hoping in vain that it'd make it to XBLA, which it won't.

Beast Master
    It didn't hold your hand, Gats, and neither will I. You're just being overly critical again. Something not meeting your criteria doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I'm waiting for ME2 excitedly, even moreso now that Tali is a confirmed returning playable party member. I hope they do a lot to flesh out her story because she really was the most shallowly developed party member in the first game.